Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
You might check with some "Executive Suites", they generally have extra lines, sometimes 800 numbers, and may let you use one for a fee. You could forward it to your number. One word of caution. You would not own the number. So, should you decide to not use their service, you would lose that number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We did some research when we got our toll free's and basically if you can find an 800 fine but for the most part people are pretty conditioned to some of the other numbers so if you can get an 877 or something else it really doesn't matter. So just get one from the phone company that you get your business lines from. We use an 877 number and no one seems to care.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A few years ago I thought about getting a toll free number. The deal breaker for me was that it was a per minute pay scale and you pay it. With all the price shoppers and what not that adds up. I chose not to get it, just one more un necessary overhead cost that may not pay off.

Not saying dont do it. I dont know your situation, but that was my decision.

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do you need an 800# ?

I'm looking for an inexpensive reliable 800 Number Service, any suggestions? Thanks...
Isn't your business local? Not sure what an 800# will do other than give out of state solicitors a cheaper way to interupt your day. I can dial any local contractor for free and don't know what an 800# would do for me to hire them. Am I missing something? Regards, Brian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sometimes in big cities some area codes require a long distance plan to dial (or per minute charges) I know here in Kansas City some of the 816 area code you have to dial a 1 (activate long distance charges) and other 816 numbers you do not.

On the flip side.....my thoughts are if someone cant afford a few cents or 10-15 a month on their phone bill to have long distance its probobly not worth my time/gas to drive out and give an estimate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts