Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone needs RCA for a commercial project, hit me up. The jobsite where the material is stockpiled is in North Bergen, NJ. Looking for someone who needs multiple loads not just one or two.

Jim

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
To me, someone in the dark, RCA is Radio Corporation of America, (NBC, WW II, GE, Rockefeller, I could go on about anti-trust and the recent ILLEGAL buybacks of spun off Companies......) a French/Japanese Company that once owned Victrola (the old Phonographs) which became JVC, Japan Victor Corporation! (All part of the WII "surrender" agreement and collusion)

RCA was a MAJOR land holder in New Jersey.

Now..............

RCA means what to you guys?????

Please Educate me further!

Thanks!!!

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
I tried getting some from Zozarro's in Carteret, and they kind of laughed at the quantity. They actually stopped accepting incoming loads because they have to get rid of their pile. All they do these days is try to broker the pile they have on the property.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O cool, he worked for Benafatto for 30yrs? I'm with Jomac, its my uncles company and my father is the superintendant. I am the general foreman.

·
Captain of the Titanic
708 Posts
General Fill!!!!

Thanks!
I wouldnt catagorize it that way MAL. It can be used as aggregate base in many types of projects. We recently bid a driveway that was to be an oiled base of RCA.

Wish it was closer to NJ. It was in Scarsdale NY

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
I wouldnt catagorize it that way MAL. It can be used as aggregate base in many types of projects. We recently bid a driveway that was to be an oiled base of RCA.

Wish it was closer to NJ. It was in Scarsdale NY

Scarsdale.........Was once the Highest Family Income of all of Westchester.

As for the "General Fill" term.........I guess I would agree. It has a more specific usage then other types of fill. I imagine!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ruskent, we could truck it there, but you would have to pay trucking.

To all, i will have to run any of the moves by my father before i can give a yes/no.

Appreciate the help though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Aggie, were you looking to pick the load up or have it delivered? If you have a truck, gimme a shout i'll sneak you in a load or two.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Man, I can't believe you can't even give the stuff away. Last time I checked about a year or so ago it was 8.50 per ton picked up.

You might want to check around for some LEED cert. projects going on around you, it's often the prefered material for base.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.