Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my area, Yuma, AZ I have recently signed up with a contractors association so that I may be made aware of job opportunities. They send out a weekly bids sheet that outlines what jobs are up for bid and what is in review for the future. It sounded great before I signed up but today I had a realization that the majority of jobs available none have a scope for low voltage bids. It seems that most low voltage work is being taken care of by national venders who then subcontract the work to local venders. I do have contacts with 3 such national venders ; Onesource, PRS, and Poets but I like to find out what others are out there so that I could get more work outside of residential. I have tried to query google for this information and I get results for business looking to do the same and not the national venders looking for local contractors. Can anyone suggest a company that I ought to be attaching myself with?

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
I changed the title to what it appeared you were trying to do while editing this post. If that's not what you wanted, contact a moderator. Also how about an introduction?;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Synacom
61 Posts
National Vendors

In my area, Yuma, AZ I have recently signed up with a contractors association... Can anyone suggest a company that I ought to be attaching myself with?
I can give you about 30 national vendors to sign up with, tell you who to stay away from plus a few good tips on leveraging relationships with other contractors. Email me through contractortalk and I will reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Truthfuly, right now any and all above noted. I can be picky a bit later but I am in the position of taking one mans hobby and turning in into a proper business model. My personal goal is to specialize in upscale residential and commercial in addition to having some residual services that will bring in monthly income. Currently we offer alarm installation and monitoring and are working on a hosted PBX platform to cover the residual but would like to introduce broadband as well in the future. However I enjoy doing high end residential theater and automation there is not that big of a market in my area. It is the small business phone/data and lego home packages that are keeping us afloat. I do have a background in all, but industrial I am currently restricted to fiber optic networks but doing OSP in the desert at 120 plus degrees is not an enjoyable of a thing yet it pays well. :)

On a side note, the one man is an oldschool Mountain Bell/Quest linemen turned telecom contractor how really has a great deal of experience in the evolution of the telecom industry.

·
Old Timer
31 Posts
You may want to investigate construction listing services like BlueBook, Dodge Reports. Bidclerk, etc. for commercial and industrial work but be prepared to pay.

I would also work to build relationships with the GCs doing the construction and get known for providing fair pricing and quality work on schedule.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello any body knows any good residential facility services companies,im in dallas tx and i do general home repairs,handyman work,im currently using a few but only geting little work.thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts