Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to take the NASCLA exam. I know I need some type of help studying. Anyone have any advice or suggestions on study guides, courses, etc? There are so many options it's hard to narrow it down, but I would love to hear anyone's experiences with what they used (positive or negative experiences). Thanks so much!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The NASCLA Accredited license is recognized for commercial construction in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia & the US Virgin Islands.

Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, the US Virgin Islands, Utah, and West Virginia also accept the NASCLA license to cover residential construction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity, why do you want to take this exam?
I believe that if you want to be a General Contractor in some state you will have to take that state's exam also in order to be licensed there.
I do not understand what benefit it will be.

Andy.
Out of curiosity, why do you want to take this exam?
I believe that if you want to be a General Contractor in some state you will have to take that state's exam also in order to be licensed there.
I do not understand what benefit it will be.

Andy.
I'm looking to get licensed in a number of states in the southeast as a GC. Most states require you to take the states business law exam, but if you have pass the NASCLA you can skip the trade exam in a large number of states.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts