Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My step dad does does this for me and I am very great full because one,I don't know enough to do it myself and two,I dont have the budget this year even for a yahoo mail account.:laughing:

He is still in the process of adding things like pictures and what not.The new site has twice as many pages as the old one.I guess that is good for SEO...
He is also going to make the blog look like part of the site.I am not crazy about doing the blog as I am not much with the written word.But I understand that it helps a lot with SEO so I reluctantly do it.

I'm not too sure about some of the wording as it is nothing like I would talk and sounds kinda ,what's the word? ridgid?

So any suggestions?

http://jackmasterson.com/

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's one of the issues I have.I sent him a pick of my truck (the model shown only a 06) and he said it would not work...

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
That's one of the issues I have.I sent him a pick of my truck (the model shown only a 06) and he said it would not work...
I'm just being an automotive prick. If he angled the logo or used a pic of side of the truck it would look totally fine.

Rest of the site looks good. I personally like lighter colors (don't like dark or black websites). Simple and clean!!!!!

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to nitpick the text is a little small (the text in the blog is easier to read) --- but that is one real nice looking site

Two other quick points - I am not sold on the idea of the truck as you main selling point & you might think about a full blown contact page / form
How so?You mean instead of just the Name,address,#'s on the lower right of the home page?

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
How so?You mean instead of just the Name,address,#'s on the lower right of the home page?
I saw the information on the home page, but it requires scrolling down. Your dad has done good job with titles, etc... for the quick look & clicking buyers.

If someone is looking for a physical address, email address, or a form to fill out - they are going to look to the far right first & then for a contact us page. Rarely will they scroll down the page or want to hunt for it. Also remember that some buyers do not like using phones & will opt for IM, emails, etc...

·
Gumby
112 Posts
I thought your site looked really professionaly done. It was extremely slow to load and then go through the pages though.
Although it looks great and professionaly made, nothing really grabbed my fancy in general. In other words,"I did not whip my head around to check the leggy blonde that just walked by" if you know what I mean.:laughing:

I am working on my own website right now so perhaps in a few days it will be ready for some critique:shutup:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe it's just me but it loads very slow.
Huh.It loads fast for me..Maybe because I have the cookies stored.I don't know enough about that stuff to know why it would be slow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts