Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Remodeling Contractor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my website built and hosted by WebFirst Creations for about a year now. Today I go to log into my website e-mail and then the website to find they are both unavailable.

I tried calling the companies phone numbers that I have, and all that I could find online and they all say disconnected or temporarily unavailable. Webfirst Creations website is also down :sad:

I am wondering if anyone else who has a website from them is having these same issues and if they have any other method of contacting them.

I also am wondering if anyone has run into a situation like this and if you have any advice on what to do, to at least, get my website back and hosted by someone else.

Thanks for your help.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
It's registered with GoDaddy. Contact them.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,706 Posts
Yep, seems to be gone. Nothing saying where it went though.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
My money is on the domain not being paid for by Webfirst Creations.

·
Remodeling Contractor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know my domain names are registered with GoDaddy, but are you also saying that GoDaddy is the one that is actually hosting my site?
I know that sounds like a stupid question but I'm no expert on this stuff. Thanks for the advice please keep it coming.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
Webfirst Creations is simply an administrator/creator of you site. GoDaddy is who hosts it. Obviously, you'll not get anywhere with Webfirst Creations.

·
Remodeling Contractor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks 480Sparky. I will call GoDaddy tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out. It would suck to just lose my investment like that considering it was only about a year old.

I have been trying every avenue I can drum up to contact WebFirst, but it seems they have disappeared.

If anyone else has any helpful advice I am all ears.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
.........If anyone else has any helpful advice I am all ears.
You may well be SOL if your name wasn't on the account. You can only hope GD is sympathetic. Should you be able to gain control of the domain, make damn sure your name is on the account.

Reactions: CanningCustom

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
You need immediate web nerd intervention. Carl, bonnie, jv, off the top of my head would be who to contact. Go daddy might not have been paid as well so log in and make sure you domain name is still yours.

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
you have a hosting issue....thats normally what you see when your hosting is gone. My guess is that they had a reseller account and that's where they hosted your site. Given the fact that their site is down as well I'd bet they are no longer in business.

Unless you have a backup of your site you may be in a bit of a pickle sorry to say.

·
Remodeling Contractor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I talked to GoDaddy. They can't do anything about it, they said they aren't the hosts and that Webfirst must have done there own hosting.

Is there any other Webfirst customers out there having the same problem. I have found that some sites are down and some are still working. I don't know what that means.

If these guys don't wanna be in business the least they can do is let us know and give us the files so we can find someone who wants to work.

·
Remodeling Contractor
43 Posts
Thanks 480Sparky. I will call GoDaddy tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out. It would suck to just lose my investment like that considering it was only about a year old.

I have been trying every avenue I can drum up to contact WebFirst, but it seems they have disappeared.

If anyone else has any helpful advice I am all ears.
I had something similar happen to me about a year ago. I've owned my domains thru www.godaddy.com for about 11 years now. I hired someone to maintain our website and handle the seo marketing for our site. About 6 or 7 months in our website started going down due to non payment of monthly hosting fees. The second month it happened I called godaddy and said I'm tired of this, I can't afford for my website to be down. Explained to them what had happened and gave them some security information and paid for the hosting for 2 years. It helped that the guy had designed our site on their WebSite Tonight program. They were able to transfer all the files over to my account and everything was restored the next day. Good luck and I hope that you get everything restored. I would definitely do some online reviews after you get all this settle down. I'm so tired of these internet companies taking money from people like us and then running. This situation was about round 3 or 4 for us. Again Good Luck!

·
Remodeling Contractor
43 Posts
Well I talked to GoDaddy. They can't do anything about it, they said they aren't the hosts and that Webfirst must have done there own hosting.

Is there any other Webfirst customers out there having the same problem. I have found that some sites are down and some are still working. I don't know what that means.

If these guys don't wanna be in business the least they can do is let us know and give us the files so we can find someone who wants to work.
Ok, sorry didn't read all the way down.

·
Remodeling Contractor
43 Posts
The only other information I can provide, and it may not help at all, but when you look at the page source for the page that shows up when you go to your website it shows. www.w3.org It's possible this is the hosting company that WebFirst Creations was using to host your website. Might try getting in contact with them.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why some of WebFirst's designed and I assume hosted websites are still working, and some like mine are not?
A lot of third-party web creators use multiple vendors to host their customer's sites. Some sites have a lot of e-commerce, so they pick one host that has increased capacity for that..... another site may require a million files to be uploaded, so another host that can handle the storage is chosen......

1 - 20 of 66 Posts