Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my van back

I WEROTE ON HERE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY ABOUT MY VAN BEING STOLEN

yesterday , I test drove a couple clunker pick/ups . I was going to buy one for $1200.
right after I finished driving one , I got a call

a fellow called , and asked if I was missing my van. he got my number from the side of the van.

it was sitting in a Miramar apartment parking loT,
( that's a city 40 miles north of me)

he happened to be a security guard , who was off duty , but saw all this from his apartment window when he was just getting home.

he saw when it was dropped off by a couple guys , and saw them taking stuff out of it , and driving away

I flew up there with my carpenter " john"

Miramar police met me.

2 door locks broken , and the ignition was destroyed.

but 70% or more of my power tools are still in it . my tools are in 5 foot long wood drawers i built in the van , they couldn`t get to them.

all my hand tools are still in it .

they took my digital camera, compressor , and battery tools.

cops said a trailer full of lawn equipment was also stolen from my area . they believe the thieves used my van to towed that trailer off.

aside from that , I drove it home , happy as can be .

I`ll take that loss

thank you for your kind words

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Wow. Talk about a break. Glad to hear the good news. Sometimes the man upstairs like to test us to see what we're made of. With your good attitude the other day I'd say you passed the test with flying colors.
I'd say the man up stairs kicked you in the ass pretty hard. :whistling

I don't think the theft was an act of god...I'd say it's an act of a couple low-life piss heads, if you find em tie up to your hitch and drag em 40 miles. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
That's almost great news. Glad to see you got the van back and most of your tools.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,844 Posts
I'd say the man up stairs kicked you in the ass pretty hard. :whistling

I don't think the theft was an act of god...I'd say it's an act of a couple low-life piss heads, if you find em tie up to your hitch and drag em 40 miles. :thumbsup:

Ya just never know who he's gonna send as the messenger, in this case, maybe a couple pissheads.:whistling

Glad to see the OP able to look at this situation from the glass half full perspective & glad for the recovery.:clap::thumbup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Ya just never know who he's gonna send as the messenger, in this case, maybe a couple pissheads.:whistling

Glad to see the OP able to look at this situation from the glass half full perspective & glad for the recovery.:clap::thumbup:
LoL I'd be cursing the guy, if my stuff got stolen most of that junk I wouldn't want back.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,174 Posts
.....they took my digital camera,....
Do a Google search for stolen camera finder.

If the thievin' azzwipe bastids mudderfookers take images with your camera and post them on the 'net, you might be able to find your camera. Some sites are free, some charge a nominal fee that includes notification that an image has been found online.

All you need is an original, unedited image to upload

1 - 20 of 29 Posts