Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this bathroom was the cause for my CT membership......that is how long it took me to finally get it done (don't judge me, lest you be.....):jester:.

Uh....
I built just about everything....except the glass and fixtures (still working on those skills).

Smallest Master ever....originally planned and plumbed for double vessels (16's) till GF nagged me into a single. She was probably right, we are both in the trades and aren't exactly "putting on make-up" side by side in the morning.

Mirror so large to try and "expand" the feel of the size of the room.

Towel hooks are strategically hung to be close to reach, and so towels catch any errant misdirected spray....we'll see:whistling. Christening her tonight.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like it. And, at least the shower is large enough for both of you to remove any makeup together....:whistling

What's the wood?
:laughing:

Countertop, Med Cab, and solid Edge-banding......Wormy Maple.

Doors......110 yr old poplar from a door that used to hang on my barn.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It looks very nice. Can you explain the built in? Is it drywall with the corner finished? Whatever it is looks really slick!
Metal bead....just set like a cabinet face frame.......dead nuts.

For some reason I had touch latch problems.....so I said phuck and put a pull on it. The beauty of working on your own house!

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good and big enough to me. Whose materials /fixture choices, team effort?

I won't even mention 2 years, congrats:clap:
Both of us...sort of.

She brought me the Wormy....gorgeous stuff....I couldn't resist...kinda like her.

I also passed everything by her.....and modified based on reactions.

Thanks for keeping that under your hat, and for saving my a$$ back then. :thumbsup:

Reactions: hdavis

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a bath layout similar to that in a house. My half wall is a bit higher. Do you feel the glass is necessary?
I was worried about not having a door.

We shall see.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the kind words.

Means a lot coming from this crowd.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts