Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My afternoon service call was troubleshooting a 220 circuit for a garage heater. I called to say I was enroute, and she told me her son "who lives there and could be heard in the background" was going to try and fix it. I was to call back in 30 days and reschedule, and her son would "help" me.
I politely explained that unless her son was a licensed or otherwise qualified electrician, I wouldn't need his help. (I blamed it on insurance)
Should I call back in 30 days or did I dodge a bullet?:blink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
so what youre saying is the son is offering a 30 day warranty?

Hey Mom! Can we get some meatloaf?

Mom! The meat loaf! ****!

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
Well I'm the smart son. I'm currently at my mom's house and I'm NOT doing the work! I have my drywall guys here doing what they do best....drywall!

If the son was smart, he'd let mom have you come over. I say wait the 30 days and then up your quote by 25% to fix what he did.

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Angus, This was a T&M job in St. Charles. I am thinking of calling her back in the 30 days just out of curiosity. It will be right around Halloween, and from the "twilight zone" conversations I heard in the background, it should get me in the Halloween mood!

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
Angus, This was a T&M job in St. Charles. I am thinking of calling her back in the 30 days just out of curiosity. It will be right around Halloween, and from the "twilight zone" conversations I heard in the background, it should get me in the Halloween mood!
Show up on that day dressed as a painter :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better yet, an HVAC guy who knows an unemployed union guy who can do the job.

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, didn't want to dredge up the past.
Anyway, the day is not a total loss. I am tossing back a couple cold ones. (Haven't done the liquid lunch thing in a long time, its kind of fun in moderation) If I get any emergency service calls today, I am going to have to tell them to call you:)

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, at home. Just catching up on a little paperwork, and planning on sniffing around the forum today to see what I might learn.
PS, still laughing about the internet creep thing under your name. Hey as long as you don't drive a van then you are not really a creep. Uh Oh, I just realized that I am a creep as well as probably 95% of the posters on this site.

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
No van for me, I drive this:

Although my drywall guy is sitting in his van smoking. Now he's really creepy! :laughing:

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
Yeah and it makes people get out of my way!! Although the creep driving it might have something to do with it :whistling

1 - 17 of 17 Posts