Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mentioned rigger's bags in the other thread I made about Vetos but I love mine so much I figured it deserved its own thread.

This is my Florida Coast Rigger's Bag. It costs $25 dollars and it's the best bag I've ever used.
Canvas construction. Only drawback is water intrusion. Only happened once but I had to take all my tools out and dry it overnight. Like all canvas bags you're going to have to stuff some cotton in the bottom of the pockets or else your awls and other pointy things will pop through the bottom.

There are other riggers bags available that look much less like a purse and that can fit larger long handled tools, but often times they go for $100+.

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts
Cool bag. I just have a Husky carpenter box bag with the big handle.

Yall need to quit bringing up bags. When yall do that one bag pops into my mind. I have the page bookmarked to go ponder it......

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I HATE 'EM :laughing:

Use 8 total

Masonry & Drywall tools they are awesome - soaks up little moisture that's left after cleaning / wiping. All that those tend to collect rust in buckets and tool boxes.

Attachments

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For $25 you guys have virtually nothing to lose giving this guy a shot.

My last employer had another great riggers bag. It was about 20" tall so larger tools/saw could stand up vertically and it had dozens of nicely sized pockets inside and out. Unfortunately it was about $120 bucks. I found this 25 dollar banger in my closet at home. My wife had bought it to hold her colored pencils for design school. I dumped them out and filled it with pliers. Been loving it ever since.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
For those that can't see the ads, Gucci has free shipping on its bags this holiday season. Just thought you would want to know.;)

·
Infinity Builders
4 Posts
Gucci shoes and purses haha! funny how smart the internet advertising and marketing programs are!

·
Registered
664 Posts
That bag is on my lists of next buys.. slept on the HF model many times but this one looks like a winner.

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts
Just got my dad the Master Carpenter Stronghold bag from Occidental, for Christmas. Thing is bad azz. It's on my wish list now, lol.

Hardwood Floor Wood flooring Wood Flooring

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts
Gotta refinance your house to pay for it though...
Close :whistling:laughing:

I use a Husky myself. My nail bags are Occidental, and I use them a lot more than I would a tool bag. They are top end, I don't regret the purchase of them.

My dad's field work is usually on cabinets and whatnot. He uses his a lot.

He is also very hard to buy for. Haven't gotten him a good gift he would use on a daily basis since I bought him a Leatherman 2 years ago.

That bag will last forever. He certainly deserves it.

Don't know if he will use it though. ... He has used his wood carpenters box he built in high school for almost 40 years. That and a bucket.

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts