Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bosch Power
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Newpro salesman at my house last night, and thought you guys might get a kick out of the whole deal. The short version is we need 36 double hungs replaced, ours are 25 yr old RIVCO's, and drafty as hell. He gives me and the wife , and the mother in law the whole pitch then comes the price, GET READY FOR IT!!! $58,986.00 :laughing:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Had the Newpro salesman at my house last night, and thought you guys might get a kick out of the whole deal. The short version is we need 36 double hungs replaced, ours are 25 yr old RIVCO's, and drafty as hell. He gives me and the wife , and the mother in law the whole pitch then comes the price, GET READY FOR IT!!! $58,986.00 :laughing:

You laugh. But they sell 45 million a year!

·
windows & siding
846 Posts
i give that company (newpro) all the credit in the world. they are making money.
I don't know, it seems a bit excessive to me. Whatever happened to "selling value" and then actually providing VALUE?... and I'm not talking about these guys that are running around selling junk for pennies. It just seems like 95% of the companies in this industry are either gouging by selling windows for $1200 a piece, or undercutting at $180 a piece.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I don't know, it seems a bit excessive to me. Whatever happened to "selling value" and then actually providing VALUE?... and I'm not talking about these guys that are running around selling junk for pennies. It just seems like 95% of the companies in this industry are either gouging by selling windows for $1200 a piece, or undercutting at $180 a piece.
Kinda like comparing a Mercedes and a kia?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Great point. There are windows out there worth every bit of $1,200+, and a boat load of crap selling for $200-350.

·
Banned
658 Posts
i see guys selling Alside excalibur for 325 per window. problem is,thats a junk window with enough air infiltration to put out a california wild fire.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i see guys selling Alside excalibur for 325 per window. problem is,thats a junk window with enough air infiltration to put out a california wild fire.

Agreed. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
thats the thing,1200 for a replacement window?Absolutly! if its the highest quality window in your opinion and do a first class install:thumbsup:

but we all know what usually happens,subs are installing for 40 bucks a hole

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
thats the thing,1200 for a replacement window?Absolutly! if its the highest quality window in your opinion and do a first class install:thumbsup:

but we all know what usually happens,subs are installing for 40 bucks a hole

$40.00? Wow that's really low.

We're near $100 and with the new EPA we have to bump that by $20+/-

·
windows & siding
846 Posts
I agree, and thanks for proving my point. In the auto industry, mercedes and kia are at opposite ends of the spectrum and have a relatively small market share. Its Toyota, Honda, and all the others that provide the best value and take up the majority of the sales. For us, it is the opposite, the Mercedes and kias of windows take up most of the sales and many consumers think that those are the only options. Furthermore, most of the guys on the Mercedes end are just selling nice Hondas for Mercedes prices. I'm sorry, but $1200 an opening for a nice Sunrise, Gorell, Plygem, or vinyl whatever is just out of line. That price is justified for a Marvin Infinity or something like that... In the end, I guess it really is no skin off my back. It makes my sales job much easier, plus it is rewarding to see the look on people's faces when they find out that they can save a few hundred bucks per window without losing any level of quality or service. I just feel bad for the people that overpaid because they didn't know that there are better values out there.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I joined this blog just to respond to your 2 year old comment. Newpro DOES provide value. Before, during and after the sale. Newpro has been awarded Contractor of the Year 2 years in a row (2010,2011) by Remodeling Contractor Magazine for service and quality. Newpro has almost 90,000 customers in New England. The Celuca window is the best solution in seal quality, glass pack quality, frame quality, installation and performance for the New England market. The price is the price but when it comes to cost, it is the least expensive product, bar none, over term of ownership. I am proud of the Newpro window system. If you have seen it and know windows you would love it too. it is not about what you charge but what you deliver that is important. Newpro delivers !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts