Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gumby
112 Posts
Very nice site. Professional quality pictures and all the pages load quickly. The work itself is very professional. Hopefully it will generate some revenue.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
website looks great - I took a look at your photos - looks like you do nice work :thumbsup:
Thanks dude. I see you are into installing syntethic grass. I've had a few enquiries for this type of work but haven't done any yet, though I have a supplier if anything comes up. Do you think it is something worth getting into? Obviously I wouldn't be any competition to you seeing as I'm based in Ireland!;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok thank you! I am not moving to Ireland any time soon so you will not have any competition from me;). I think adding synthetic turf to your services is a good idea- the products in the last 5 yrs have become alot more natural looking. How is the climate where you live in Ireland? Any questions or concerns you have I will try to answer-fire when ready!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thank you! I am not moving to Ireland any time soon so you will not have any competition from me;). I think adding synthetic turf to your services is a good idea- the products in the last 5 yrs have become alot more natural looking. How is the climate where you live in Ireland? Any questions or concerns you have I will try to answer-fire when ready!
The climate in Kerry is usually very mild and traditionally winters were very mild due to the effects of the Gulf Stream. However, we had a very cold winter last year lasting 3 months with severe frost (down as low as minus 15 celcius) almost every night. I lost 60% of my stock in the garden centre. And the cold spell has already started this year - 3 weeks earlier than last year. It was minus 6 celcius at 9am this morning.

We used to be able to grow a lot of exotic plants like palm trees, Cordylines, Banana palms, tree ferns etc as we would normally only get 1-2 nights frost in a typical winter. However last year was the coldest winter in nearly 50 years and this year looks set to be a repeat. Does the climate affect the type of synthetic grass you can use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can use artificial turf in most climates, the ideal climate would be lower rainfall areas or dessert like climates where natural grass is hard to grow-I am also saying this in a business sense low water environment means more customers. The products we use has an 100% permeable Polypropylene backing system-it has a high drainage rate and can handle wet climates. What is your average rainfall per year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can use artificial turf in most climates, the ideal climate would be lower rainfall areas or dessert like climates where natural grass is hard to grow-I am also saying this in a business sense low water environment means more customers. The products we use has an 100% permeable Polypropylene backing system-it has a high drainage rate and can handle wet climates. What is your average rainfall per year?
We get a lot of rain in Kerry. Between 1600-2000mm per year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts