Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This thing is bad a$$. The stand has been re-designed and IMO is ten times better than the old one it used to come with.
My next purchase (soon) will be a sliding compound miter. Just can't decide which one yet. Lots of opinions to read here on CT.

·
Pro
669 Posts
Nice - I bought the Dewalt a few years back and then used a friends Rigid and I wish I had bought it. As far as SCMS is concerned I have the Hitachi 10" with the laser. I like it alot.

Bill

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stand feels sturdy but time will tell. I guess the old one did have a wider stance. The table extends to the right. But to answer your question the handle would get in the way if you were to extend to the left.
Things are picking up. Doing alot of remods. We have gone from 6-8 custom homes to finishing one this week for the year.

·
Sean
5,532 Posts
Glad to hear it. On the older ones you could still add another extension off the left with or w/o a router or a homemade stand for larger sheets.

Both my miter saws are Ridgid - a 10" & sliding 12" - if you want an accurate laser, good luck (arbor mounted ones suck).

I have used the 10" Dewalt & just didn't like it as much as the Ridgid one. The 12" one with the stand is heavy as all get out - but worth it if you need it. The 10" saw gets the most work. Alot of people on here swear by their Hitachi, Milwaukee or Festool ones also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same saw and love it.

The stand folds up easily and is very sturdy. When its set up the stand creates an extension table on the left side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the old grey version..going on 7yrs now.A drive gear broke several years back and warranty took care of it.I just bought the smaller dewalt and its great on the 3rd floor.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
That saw is a beauty, these combo rolling stands are such a great innovation. When i started out i would lug around an all metal makita table saw(that weighed a ton), throw it up on a couple horses, and off i would go. Good luck . G

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have one too, picked it up a couple of weeks ago... the little benchtop 10" DeWalt tablesaw I had just wasn't cutting it anymore. I looked hard at the Bosch but I've read some really good reviews of the Ridgid and it was about $150 cheaper if I remember right. I'm happy with it, the stand is great, very easy to set up/break down and move around. It cuts true, has excellent capacity, and the soft start feature helps avoid tripped breakers. Ridgid definitely got it right with this design.

·
Registered
69 Posts
great saw I have had one for awhile now
The only bad thing I can say is be carefull with the stand lock and keep it lubed up

·
Registered
910 Posts
I just bought mine - 449.00 on HD website, additional 10% off for opening an account (Advanta shut me down so I needed it anyway). 200.00 cheaper than the Dewalt Makita or Bosch and a much simpler and more user-friendly design IMO.

I also picked up the Ridgid mobile miter saw stand for my 12" Dewalt slider, I absolutely love it!! Be careful with your back though as it weighs a ton.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just bought mine - 449.00 on HD website, additional 10% off for opening an account (Advanta shut me down so I needed it anyway). 200.00 cheaper than the Dewalt Makita or Bosch and a much simpler and more user-friendly design IMO.

I also picked up the Ridgid mobile miter saw stand for my 12" Dewalt slider, I absolutely love it!! Be careful with your back though as it weighs a ton.
Yeah I just bought the Ridgid miter stand also. You and me now have the same set up. I agree.... I almost needed help getting the damn thing on the cart. But when I opened it up man..... my pants grew a little!:w00t:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts