Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this thing for a week now. Just me and another guy. I have been too busy to spend much time here.
But I did want to show you how I do stuff.If you see anything wrong, let me know.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,083 Posts
Looking good, I like the trusses you're using - gets a little useable space above the joists.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I've always wanted to build a building like that into a hill. Then you can drive around back and unload your truck directly into the second floor.

I would still put a door in the front and that way you could unload some 20' gutter sections, etc. directly into the attic.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
lookin' good Knuck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
865 Posts
jlsconstruction said:
He must have a good truss guy,
I did a garage that had similar "built in loft" trusses. The verticals that formed the walls for the loft had a 3-1/2" variance in them planing out. Had the shrink the width of the loft and fur out the verticals with 2x8's.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Is it common practice to run the soffit / fascia before the trusses are set?
I would do that too, given the chance. You tell the truss guy you want 14 1/2" tails (for example) and they cut them at that, or you cut them off the stack yourself. Trust but verify. Not as easy as soffits with stick-built, but still better than doing OH off scaffolding. Walls are stiffer and straighter, too.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess that soffit and facia deal would depend on the situation. This one being simple, we are cutting the tail on the ground.

Now yesterday afternoon, I mowed my grass, hopefully for the last time this year. I have two weeks to get this garage done so I may go to the tavern this afternoon.:whistling

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did all that loft that I could today and sheeted part of the roof to hold things together for now.
Tomorrow I plan on siding the end gable and installing it. to get it ready for shingles

1 - 20 of 22 Posts