Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a full reno right now, my little brother lives right night door. So he hears drilling, goes to look out the window wondering why we are working, and sees some ass hole drilling the lock on my trailer. So he walks outside with his 12 gage and scares off the piece of chit. So I'm waiting for the cops right now. Happy vacation to me.

image-3542901739.jpg

I'm not going to touch it, but it looks like he had just finished drilling and that will come right off

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Inner10 said:
Disgruntled employee?
He said he was a dark skinned fellow, and I've only had one of them, and we are still friends. He went out on his own doing concrete work.

I just remembered, he still has a key to the trailer

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
An hour and a half later?

Sheesh.

Those locks (like you have on your trailer) are supposed to be the crème de la crème. I thought they were *almost* burgular proof.

:(
Well the burglar didn't get through...but it doesn't look like a very high end lock.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Glad he did not get your stuff. I use some locks I call hockey puck locks. Do not know real name,they are super strong and no visible shackle .

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fjn said:
I guess they are called hockey puck locks. http://www.vanlock.com/pucklocks.html
I'm going to order some.

It's not the shackle that's the weakest point, it's where you put the key in.

When I was 15 I worked for a storage unit park, I would have to go cut peoples locks all the time because they would loose their key. I haven't seen a lock I can't get through in under a minute.

I might order an extra just to see if I can do it

They got some prints on the lock and a full hand print on the door. So hopefully they're the guys, and not mine. They are taking a statement from my brother right now.

But with all that, I'm taking the trailer home tonight.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
An hour and a half later?

Sheesh.

Those locks (like you have on your trailer) are supposed to be the crème de la crème. I thought they were *almost* burgular proof.

:(

And this guy was slow as molasses.

The puck locks are awesome. I just lost mine. I set it on the wheel well and drove off. :censored:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
And this guy was slow as molasses.

The puck locks are awesome. I just lost mine. I set it on the wheel well and drove off. :censored:
Guys that break into trailers at 5pm arn't typically skilled lock pickers.

When I used a cube van I had a Medeco pad lock and my father pointed out how funny it was to have such an expensive lock on a plywood door...he had a good point. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts