Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an old farmhouse that has been added on to at least twice.
A real cluster. I think in the end he will be glad he did what we are doing. It was a 7' ceiling in the kitchen, now it will be standard 8' New windows and siding next week, and a nice front porch.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Good stuff:thumbsup:

but I keep going back to the Amish dune buggy!...LOL...many Amish here, but I've yet to see the rag top down!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
way to wreck their yard :whistling

what are they using that disgusting shed dormer in the attic for?
The third floor is finished on this house, but I haven't been in there yet. The homeowners are still living in it. They are supposed to be moved out this weekend so we can open up open it up after we get the roof on. Hopefully I will get the roof on this week.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the "Sports" model.

Nice work Knucklehead!

Trying to figure out what that diagonal pattern is on the exterior wall on the front of the house?
That diagonal stuff is the original boxing on the oldest part of the house. Just regular 1x6 nailed to the studs. I am not sure why they did it that way. Working on these old houses is like going back in time and interesting to try and figure out why did they do that?
Here is the end gable that has the same pattern.

The big brick house has 1x6 tongue and groove horizontally on it. I found where someone left their name and date of 1931.

·
Sawdust Sweeper
690 Posts

The big brick house has 1x6 tongue and groove horizontally on it. I found where someone left their name and date of 1931.
I do that too, perhaps it is a little narcissistic but on bigger jobs I put my name and the date on sheeting or tyvek with a sharpie...

so the guy who tears it out will know who did such fine work...

Nice work on both jobs, quite a transformation on that farmhouse!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts