Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
A little farther along.
Big Red it's a beauty….

Why not post on inside? Not like it makes a difference considering it's your last which I gotta tellya saddens me a bit. Is it the look or extra work? We don't do that many wooden post but always put them inside due to parapet and property line restriction.
BTW what other site are you referring to? I did see you on be the pro any others?

Last or not All the Best to you Sir.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Big Red it's a beauty….

Why not post on inside?

Last or not All the Best to you Sir.
Thank you,

There are a lot of reason's why I normally put the posts on the outside. It's much easier, less chance for rot, and I like that it breaks up the long lines of the fascia.

Believe it or not, this project was partially designed by a architect with the posts on the outside. I convinced the owner to move them in. I also changed the stairs and added the border. Here is a sketch from the architect.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Thank you,

There are a lot of reason's why I normally put the posts on the outside. It's much easier, less chance for rot, and I like that it breaks up the long lines of the fascia.

Believe it or not, this project was partially designed by a architect with the posts on the outside. I convinced the owner to move them in. I also changed the stairs and added the border. Here is a sketch from the architect.
I almost chuckle when the HO"s give plans from and archi's and I change it all around. They ask them self's why did we just spend $2500 and wait 3/months for plans that we don't even like and Yanni (aka "City" for the usual bunch here) sketched out the hole thing in about 10-mins and with out even stepping foot on the roof.
Im going juice up our design / build thing. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.