Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've drawn this crown hundreds of times over the course of a couple houses and their many, many cabinets and detailed coffers - and I'm just seeing it now for the first time.

WOW! Can I get a kerf please? Whoever's running this is going to have to cut on the flat, but look at that cup.:eek:

Luckily, it's all a high gloss spec. Phew:whistling

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Arghhh. Failing to upload.

Rats. That's 20 minutes of failed uploads. I don't post too often, usually just when I think it's worth it. I'd say this one's a doozy, too.

I'll try again after poker and beers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Leo,

Pics of a crown I simply thought would be interesting to show.

For some reason nothing's loading from my phone or computer - even things I've posted before (which I tested) Hmm.

Oh well.

If you're curious - it's a shot of a huge one-piece crown. 7.75" wall coverage and 7.75" ceiling coverage. A cove pattern milled out of 8/4 poplar. No relief cuts.

Definitely an on-the-flat cut but, it's cupping at least 1/2", so where do you even begin.

There are thousands of lineal feet of this for just one of the houses.

I don't really have anything to do with that aspect of things - this is running trim. But wow. I'm curious to see how this turns out. Again, this is also spec'd as a high gloss finish.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
Did you upload them to something like photoshop first?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No. Just the way I've alway's done it. Snap pic. Save to computer. Upload.

As a test, I tried to upload some pics I've uploaded before, from the same, unaltered source - computer. No go. Then from the phone, which I've also uploaded from. No. Go.

Oh well. I'll take credit for the lamest post of the year award.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
I'm probably doing it wrong or there is an easier way. I have to upload to photoshop and then copy and paste it in the post.
That's the only way I know to do it.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,257 Posts
I upload them to my photosite and then post their link.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
No. Just the way I've alway's done it. Snap pic. Save to computer. Upload.

As a test, I tried to upload some pics I've uploaded before, from the same, unaltered source - computer. No go. Then from the phone, which I've also uploaded from. No. Go.

Oh well. I'll take credit for the lamest post of the year award.
Upload to where?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
I'm trying to find directions on how to insert a picture but can't. I'm not sure what you were doing before but I'm pretty sure any picture has to have "code' before it can show up as a picture. I don't know the terminologies but I know I can't just upload a picture from my camera to my computer and put it in a post. I have to go to a website that puts it in the correct format, then like Leo said...copy and paste the link.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
I've always been able to upload a pic directly to this site via the "attachement" button in the advanced editor. If you're having trouble, try using a different browser or clearing your cache.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
I've always been able to upload a pic directly to this site via the "attachement" button in the advanced editor. If you're having trouble, try using a different browser or clearing your cache.
Where is the advanced editor?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
54-heres-johnny.jpg

Never mind....

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,257 Posts
Are you on a computer or a phone?

Are you using an app to access the site or direct connection? (phone)

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,247 Posts
This picture better be worth it.....:laughing:

Reactions: Tom Struble
1 - 20 of 36 Posts