Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what how I did, or if I should have used two pieces of tape...

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Honestly, I'd have you do it again.......what did you do, anyway?

It looks like you used duct tape and foam........ixnay the omfay.......

Latapoxy would work great. You don't need much, and I'm not sure which one they sell in the smallest amount, but you can't go wrong with that. Prop from below, set it and forget it. Point the following day. Tape can work, but it doesn't look like it worked here......

That seems like an unusually large overhang.........

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
:blink:
How do you think you did????

(1)The basic purpose of tuck pointing is to seal/close in the brick and create a barrier to the elements.

(2)Cosmetics is second - Clean uniform consistent look of joints that match the existing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha Easy fellahs, stumbled across this picture on the Internet... Thought the sarcasm would speak for itself. That being said I did not do this "repair" but some one did, which is kinda sad... Some people's kids...

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Holman said:
Haha Easy fellahs, stumbled across this picture on the Internet... Thought the sarcasm would speak for itself. That being said I did not do this "repair" but some one did, which is kinda sad... Some people's kids...
HAHAHAHAHA that's funny.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
How do people get away with that. :blink: I leave one teeny, tiny piece of blue tape, caught under a piece of trim that you can't even see unless you lift the trim up and get called on it and that guy doesn;t even get the brick straight.

No way will that keep the water out. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
How do people get away with that. :blink: I leave one teeny, tiny piece of blue tape, caught under a piece of trim that you can't even see unless you lift the trim up and get called on it and that guy doesn;t even get the brick straight.

No way will that keep the water out. :laughing:
I once came to a patio job the next morning to find stickers all over the patio on certain bricks.

She didn't like them and wanted us to flip them over. Not even kidding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts