Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

My first Mobile Tool/Workshop trailer...

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JFM constr 
#1 ·
Hi guys... I'm in the design stage of building my first mobile shop... I'm a wood guy... do a lot of finish Carpentry... choosing a layout for a mitre station/ table saw outfeed table for the drivers side of my first 8×16 trailer. Any suggestions are welcome... I'm thinking paulk style..

See less See more
#3 ·
I put a lot of thought into mine before starting. First is type of miter saw, slider, fixed or something like a Bosch glide. Second is how wide of pieces are you looking to rip on the table saw. Lots of creative solutions if you’re looking for something other than the classic Paulk design. Unique tool trailer, mobile workshop, material hauler I’ve seen some with the table saw pulls out of the back of the trailer for cuts perpendicular to the trailer instead of into the trailer. Probably works better with swing door than ramp. Hope you have a stock of plywood for the project and don’t have to pay the current prices.[emoji3525]. Don’t think you can go wrong with Ron’s design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
If you do mostly finish carpentry why would you want a cut station in the trailer? Only person I know who uses his miter saw in his trailer regularly is a batten installer for new homes. All his work is on the front of the house and he has a dedicated cut man prepping for the installer on the wall.
Is that a thing. Like a full time specialty?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
i agree ,for my finish carpentry ,remodel and constructions tools need to be able to set up as close to the project i can get . this utility trailer is for a place where you can generally get up close to your project .also handimans dream .actually lately jobs have been in places i really need to have a close eye on my tools which would mean leaving tools all spred out at the vehicle and no huge dog to watch them would be nuts . this trailer has it's place and it is well worked out .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.