Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its getting tile wainscoting. Thus the overlap into the bathroom.

How would you handle the seat. Is this good enough or would you hit it with liquid membrane. I think its made to be used as is??? ***The entire shower was completed then the seat was added, so it should be water tight even if something got behind/under the seat. I'm just wondering how to hand the curved seam on the bottom.

I did this today. Will it be ok to water test it tomorrow at the end of day and leave it sit over the weekend?

Any other criticism is welcome...

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I think it is a very professional system though time consuming.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Spencer said:
Its getting tile wainscoting. Thus the overlap into the bathroom. How would you handle the seat. Is this good enough or would you hit it with liquid membrane. I think its made to be used as is??? I did this today. Will it be ok to water test it tomorrow at the end of day and leave it sit over the weekend? Any other criticism is welcome... Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I think it is a very professional system though time consuming.
If it was me I would put a liquid membrane over the seat.

Its def a lot of work with the kerdi system. You should try Wedi next. Its so much nicer to use and way quicker too.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Spencer, it looks great to me.
When I last talked to the kerdi rep for this area, he offered to come out to the site of my next project and do it with me. It may be helpful to reach out to your rep and see if he can swing by.

Kerdi also has a you tube channel

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it was me I would put a liquid membrane over the seat.

Its def a lot of work with the kerdi system. You should try Wedi next. Its so much nicer to use and way quicker too.
I can get Wedi through my supplier. I haven't studied the product much. I talked to the sales guy at my supplier and he said its a trade off. Wedi is faster but more expensive than kerdi.

I'll be looking into it in the future.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spencer, it looks great to me.
When I last talked to the kerdi rep for this area, he offered to come out to the site of my next project and foo it with me. It may be helpful to reach out to your rep and see if he can swing by.

Metro also has a you tube channel
I might try that in the future. I knew they would do that. What I'm really interested in is getting hooked up as a dealer so I can get the stuff at wholesale cost. The guys that I may have to bid against in the future all have dealer status.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does it take to be a dealer.

Edit: kerdi dealer
Pretty much takes only takes a connection (at distributor level) that will hook you up with dealer status.

Typically they like you have a showroom, but they will hook up a lot of flooring guys, or in general anyone who buys a lot.

You get dealer status, then you buy from a distributor. Distributors don't sell the the public but will sell to contractor, but generally they will only give you 10% of retail pricing which is a complete joke. Thats why you want to be a dealer.

I'm hooked up pretty good through an online dealer right now. Having it shipped to my door is nice too.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Pretty much takes only takes a connection (at distributor level) that will hook you up with dealer status.

Typically they like you have a showroom, but they will hook up a lot of flooring guys, or in general anyone who buys a lot.

You get dealer status, then you buy from a distributor. Distributors don't sell the the public but will sell to contractor, but generally they will only give you 10% of retail pricing which is a complete joke. Thats why you want to be a dealer.

I'm hooked up pretty good through an online dealer right now. Having it shipped to my door is nice too.

Well, I wish you luck.
The shower really looks great to me.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I did mine this spring and first priced it through the DIY dept of a local carpet store. About a grand for a 3x4' 6" shower with a seat and the Kerdi tray. I got everything at Walcro, a contractors' outlet for 60%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.