Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day I went out to have a few drinks with my old boss and we were discussing our business strategies and having a very open friendly conversation about our futures.

my ex boss told me about major down sizing in the very near future (firing office staff closing the office and trying to move all busines onto his cell phone) and hitned at possible closure at the end of the year.

That somewhat shocked me but I suppose he is more comfortable where he was when I entered the picture, than he is now as I am leaving the picture. I tried pushing my goals onto his company, and my goals have and probably always will be growth.

I kinda feel bad, but this is my future now, and if he does decide to close up shop I'd be honored to hire him to help manage the production.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I'd be honored to hire him to help manage the production.

How good of you.
Maybe he will take you up on it.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow old thread, I was honestly a bit upsent nobody posted sooner.

Work isn't that bad but I did almost all the sales, and I think he forgot how... not that he ever knew how. He just always sold on low price mostly to GC's. As it turns out that's what he is doing now, and he's got some work. He's a great roofer! He's not as great as a business manager. He knows that though, so I am not slandering him in any way. We had a discussion about it long ago.

I'd still be honored to hire him to manage production. I think he'd enjoy it more than what he does now anyways. Less paper work and more leading the guys.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Grumpy, If you look at the time of your post, it was rolled over and not many saw it. I have a number that way and if I am really looking for a response I'll bump it in the AM.
As far as your former boss, I can relate. I'm an outside guy, being in an office all day makes me feel incarcerated and I am always looking for excuses to go out. Not very productive. There's a butt for every seat.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I enjoy the even mix of inside and outside from my position. I can spend half the day inside and half the day out side, or I can spend a whole day outside, and the next day all day inside. It's what keeps things interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts