Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

My first fireplace

5595 Views 27 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  brickstretcher
Finally had the opportunity to do a fireplace. Surprisingly all went smooth. :clap:Used the firerock fireplace kit.

Any comments or critiques welcome.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Everyone has to start somewhere:thumbsup:
Looks good Mike, get some photos after all the plantings are done, right now it looks a bit out of place. It needs to soften up a bit with plantings G
Fine looking work. I enjoy working on projects like that.
Looks sharp.

How did you like working with the Firerock product?
Thanks for the compliments. Plants are planned for behind the wall but the homeowner is doing that sometime in the future. Firerock was very easy to install. Can be done in a few hours with a few guys.
I think that is just awesome! Fantastic work!
Looks like a winner to me.:thumbsup:
I like it and you don't have to worry about burning the house down.:thumbup:
I have many years exp. as stonemason would be very proud of that. its nice work. would not be inclined to show my first few stone jobs ha ha.
With that style of stone.. It's really good.. The mantle seems out of place
Beautiful work and a beautiful back yard.:thumbup:
As a manufacturer of caststone your choice of real stone? for this application is perfect if I lost this job to you I would be the first to congratulate you
I had to read that again....it said "first fireplace"......not first time laying stone.....stone looks great....I'll give the fireplace a 5....not a fan of cheater style, and gotta have a closeup for a real critique....
thanks for the compliment. I'm guessing cheater style means having mortar joints? So is that a 5 out 10? I prefer the look of no mortar joints but one does have to make some money.
I had to read that again....it said "first fireplace"......not first time laying stone.....stone looks great....I'll give the fireplace a 5....not a fan of cheater style, and gotta have a closeup for a real critique....
Looks a great job natural1, better than my first fireplace. Come to think of it, better than my last one as well.
what do u mean by cheater style
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.