Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using Service Magic exclusively as an estimater -supervisor for a company in the Seattle area . At least 20 to 25 leads a month were being purchased from these guys . My experience with them was that you could never get in contact with the owner or person in charge of the operation and when I did get to talk or meet with the person they were cheap tire kickers who wanted the job done for a whole sale price . I could see charging for leads that are real but could not understand how they charge for crappy leads that most of the time you never even got to talk the person . In Sevice Magics defense though most of the other Job lead companies I worked with were the same way .

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
My company has been using Service Magic for about a month now.
We have landed 2 new jobs from it.

We also passed on 2 jobs ( we could have been awarded them, but we chose not to pursue them - pricing was too low, travel time )

You really need to SELL YOURSELF and your services, and be proactive.

Most of our business is generated through our website, and we run Google Ad Words just like Service Magic.

The bottom line, it is a good supplement for leads, but dont base your business model off it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run a small lead generation company that competes with Service Magic in some contractor categories (dumpsters, demolition, and roofing, currently). Overall, they seem like a decent company... though definitely more consumer friendly than contractor friendly. The biggest drawback to Service Magic is that each lead is sent out to at least 3 other contractors (sometimes many more, so we've heard).

In response, we decided to focus on generating exclusive leads from the internet for our contractors. We make less because we aren't charging 4 contractors for the same lead, but our contractors book jobs at a higher rate and tend to stick with us as a result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts