Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a customer who wanted wall liner hung over top drywall. (there was wall paper and they did a piss poor job of removing it.)

I've never hung wall liner before so I did a little research, talked to a couple local guys and then hung it up. I let it dry then mudded the seams.

Half the seams held and the other half bubbled and the mud cracked. My customer has NOT seem this mess yet.

Should I seal the wall liner with primer then go back and mud it or lift the seams and glue it down first?

I do NOT want to tear down but if I have to lift every seam and glue it down I will. I just don't want to waste my time and make a bigger mess of it.

This customer has given me a lot of work and I want to make this right.

Any ideas?

·
Butt Expert
278 Posts
I'm not familiar with the wall liner you used but do you think a product like "Guards" will penetrate through it and lay it back down?
I've used it on several job's and it worked well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

That is a very useful suggestion. I'll give it a go and post how it went.
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking good

Hey,
Finished the final coat of paint the other day and everything held in place. My client is very happy. The extra adhesive did the trick.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wall liner

I would NEVER suggest to anyone to mud wall liner unless it was already sealed with at least one coat of paint that has cured.

I suppose there is a trick to it, but new wall liner is very moister sensitive, the seams can not be over lapped or butted right up against each other; they need to have a bit of a gap between them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts