Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had something really weird happen. I'm having some trouble installing a new wireless keyboard for use with my notebook computer. I visited the Microsoft website to look for driver updates, compatability issues, etc. and while I was there allowed MS to scan my computer for possible upgrades. I subsequently elected to forego installation of MS Service Pack 2.
When I left the website and returned to my "desktop" my Mozilla Firefox browser program was gone!
Do you think MS deleted it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What OS are you using? I use 98se and they are installing service pack 6. I do not think Microsoft deleted anything on your computer. Go to control panel and see if in add/remove programs if Firefox shows up. You should see Mozilla Firefox 1.0 listed.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Gunn, still on 98? I still think that it was the best OS going. Too bad that it is not supported anymore. I still run it on one of my offline 'puters.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using XP Pro - it's been very stable and I like it. I still use the Windows classic views though. I never got use to the 'folder' look vs. the list look.
Like Teetor I still have 98 on a machine I strictly use off-line for estimating. Unfortunately I can't use certain peripherals I'd like to on that machine because the drivers aren't backwards compatible to 98.
I did some more poking around in my PC and found all the Firefox files had been deleted (the program folder was still there).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup still use 98. I refuse to go to any other Micro$oft OS. I know it's not supported any longer but we all have enough spyware problems without installing the biggest piece of spyware ever put out...XP My next step is either a G5 or Linux. Very strange how all your Firefox files were deleted except for the folder. Did you go to files and folders and type in Mozilla?

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
I just did an update and now my mozilla will not work. I can not even reach the mozilla web site!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbfan said:
I can not even reach the mozilla web site!
I still have the 'zip' install file that I downloaded from mozilla. Let me know if you want it

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
I reached the web site and reloaded and still would not connect to the web

1 - 8 of 8 Posts