Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am a happily married mother of 2 girls with 2 businesses. 1. children's entertainment and 2. construction (with my husband). I have ample experience in the construction field due to my father's extensive construction backgroud. I have been working with him since I was 13yrs old. It's true what "they" say, you can't really tell by one's personal life what trade they may have vested interest. Have you ever noticed that a hairstylist may need a new hairdo or a carpenter's home may need to have a ceiling or two repaired? My father's second home has been under construction for years and neither of us has the time to repair it. I guess when you're done on the site you don't want to come home to another jobsite.

I'm here to venture out on my own. Although, I have hands on experience, Construction Management, GC & Operations is what I want to head. I want to see the project through from the pouring of the concrete to the final coat of paint. So, I've established my own business and now it's time to be innovative, effective and efficient.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I have ample experience in the construction field due to my father's extensive construction background. I have been working with him since I was 13yrs old.

I have a treasured photo of my 10 year old daughter setting joists with me in the snow. Her son just quit working with me to go to college. Treasure the memories.

(And I still haven't finished the house.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the site...I hope more women contractors join this site! But everything I have learned in construction is due to some very great, intelligent men. My hat is off to you for wanting to venture beyond your limits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts