Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
So you are gonna have a video about beastiality with family pets and missing undergaments ?
Big deal I make videos like that all the time, they make great stocking stuffers.
Oops, I forgot about you, fo shizzle sex sells, but I was thinking more like a video with me at the front door, right into the home and a little Q&A.
The process.

On another note, how much you getting for those videos you make.:w00t:

Its either $19.95 plus S&H or,
Tree fitty

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I like what Publisher said about testimonials.
I am working on one right now, it is about the process, not the result.
What happens when I come out to your home?

Rory, no wiseazz comments, I've had just about enough of your shenanigans for the week:whistling

I am trying to be a more positive and uplifting member on CT. :blink:

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
So you are gonna have a video about beastiality with family pets and missing undergaments ?
Big deal I make videos like that all the time, they make great stocking stuffers.

Oops, I forgot about you, fo shizzle sex sells, but I was thinking more like a video with me at the front door, right into the home and a little Q&A.
The process.
There was another guy who did that.. You remember that? I remember seeing his vid posted on here. It was an interview by a news anchor I want to believe...

Its like not smoking or drinking anymore. You know its the right thing to do but hard to stay on track

come on man.. I know you wanna..

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
To be honest RC I think it is a little too detailed, the average HO doesnt care about all of the thngs you have going on, they just want it to look pretty. Builders might percieve the video in a different light.
The captions go by pretty quick too, might consider slowing them down, on some of them I could read fast enough to hit the second line before it was off the screen.
I am not trying to dis your process or anything, but I think the average HO would get bored watching the video. Maybe some music would help, I dont know. I am giving you the dumbguy perspective, some of the other guys will give you the more intelligent advice

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I do need to slow it down, and add music, I was hoping for more critiques before I did another revision. We do mostly NC for builders, which 2 of them are interested in. I am also trying to target the owner/builder who really does not appreciate or understand the scope of work and thinks "we will do the painting ourselves". We get called in often when the HO is overwhelmed and over budget, I want to get in at permit stage. I plan to put it on a DVD with Finish Options and other info that we leave in our info folder.
Thanks again for your comments.

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I want to make a video also but I dont do much new residential construction anymore so I would have to go with more of a before and after video like Mr.Mikes. My commercial work is starting to pick up but I dont know if it would be worth making a video for commercial work, they just seem to go by price.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts