Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Earlier in the year, a video production studio in the Los Angeles area asked me to promote their contractor video service. For about $500 they would produce a complete video. However, when I checked in with them a few weeks ago, they said they had no luck with the contractor market and were moving on to other things.

Google TV Ads provides resources including the ability to select competitors to design and build your ads (including a self-service approach for less than $100).

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I checked into it myself. The cost of having the ad made was minimal it was promoting it through advertising channels,(TV).

The costs made it less appealing I will take a look at the rates again and see if it is more appealing

Earlier in the year, a video production studio in the Los Angeles area asked me to promote their contractor video service. For about $500 they would produce a complete video. However, when I checked in with them a few weeks ago, they said they had no luck with the contractor market and were moving on to other things.

Google TV Ads provides resources including the ability to select competitors to design and build your ads (including a self-service approach for less than $100).

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats it, I gotta get one made for my site, no painters around here have one so I gotta do it first. I am really thinking about contacting the kid in that video about making the music, the younger crowd would recognize the music, and the older crowd would just think it is some nice accoustic guitar music.
I like the deal where it kinda peels up or looks like it morphes into the finished product on some of the videos I have seen, but it seems like it would be hard to get the camera into the exact same position each time. I guess you could use a stand and mark the floor where it was setting so you could hit it again perfectly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Has anyone captured video testimonials? I think it would be easy to shoot a clients' satisfied comments and speculate if you are given permission to use these, they would be truly effective. Production quality doesn't need to be high -- in fact one could argue that 'amateur video' would work best for this type of "they are great" message.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities as I believe that simple video processes may be one of the most underutilized marketing resources available to the industry, especially when it allows you to demonstrate your work (and your clients' satisfaction).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am thinking about making one to put on my website, give it a little more flair. I will get this kid to do the music, th HO's will never even know what they are listening to.

Home boy jams no pick all fingers that whould actually sound good on a site i may have to use a utube ripper on it =p

·
Organic Painter
1,008 Posts
mrmike it is kinda too small. awesome video but just small.
What if you click it all the way to full screen?

Click the image to start the video and then click it again to be directed to youtube and then click the little square icon under the video when it starts and that will give you a full screen.

·
Organic Painter
1,008 Posts
Thanks for the thread, now I have a write up.

Mike:
>>>
>>> Your video has been posted on this contractortalk.com forum.
>>>
>>> I'm intrigued by it -- and your overall successful website.
>>>
>>> Would you mind speaking on the phone (or exchanging some emails) for
>>> me to learn about your marketing processes and methodologies, and
>>> how they have improved your business?
Mike, I've referenced your ad (and business) in this blog entry.
Please let me know if I have anything wrong here and I will correct within a few hours of learning.

http://constructionmarketingideas.blogspot.com/2009/07/video-ads-reviewed.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts