Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved from Tampa to Richmond and I'm totally lost. In Tampa all the homes are stucco and I bid based on surface area sq ft. I paint the whole home and everyone needs painted every 4 or 5 years. Now I live in Richmond and I can't figure this out. All the homes are siding and don't need painting. Do you guys just paint the trim for a living?

Please Help!

Interior I'm fine with

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome oops. That will teach you to move to Yankeeville. Still plenty of work here and it's warmer.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
That will teach you to move to Yankeeville.
Hey if it's south of Jersey, it's Dixie to us

Here's the test:
At the buffet, is the chowder catfish or clam?

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
oops said:
I'm totally lost. In Tampa all the homes are stucco and I bid based on surface area sq ft. I paint the whole home and everyone needs painted every 4 or 5 years. Now I live in Richmond and I can't figure this out. All the homes are siding and don't need painting. Do you guys just paint the trim for a living?
Hi oops
I felt the same way, well opposite, when I went to Port Charlotte
All the houses are stucco
It freaked me out
I had to learn how to spray paint lumpy stucco

Don't worry, wherever you go, there's stuff to paint
It's just different
You'll find what the locals do
Pop in the local paint shop and tell'em you're from FLA and ask what's up

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in Richmond too!

oops:

I don't do exteriors, but I could probably send you in the right direction. Try Wyndom, or Twin Hickory in the west end.

Feel free to drop me a line. [email protected] I'll give you my phone number, maybe I can pass some work your way.

In fact one of the properties that I do work for needs their breezeways painted. I referred my regular back-up guy, but he wasn't interested. 22 buildings, 3 breezeways per building.

Al

oops said:
I just moved from Tampa to Richmond and I'm totally lost. In Tampa all the homes are stucco and I bid based on surface area sq ft. I paint the whole home and everyone needs painted every 4 or 5 years. Now I live in Richmond and I can't figure this out. All the homes are siding and don't need painting. Do you guys just paint the trim for a living?

Please Help!

Interior I'm fine with

1 - 6 of 6 Posts