Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What keeps you motivated?

I often watch commencement speeches on You Tube. I like the one with Steve Jobs and there's another with J.K.Rowling.

I read a lot about coming back from failure and understanding that failure is eminent unless you never take any chance - ever. I believe it's not failure or the amount of failures that define us. It's truly how you handle them.

Anyway, what keeps you motivated?

·
Super Moderator
29,246 Posts
For me its natural. Im rarely inspired, but enjoy when I am. Many posts here have inspired me.

·
Professional Contractor
58 Posts
The egotistical maniacal belief that the world needs my services and talents and that I am doing my part to make the world a little nicer to live in.

Plus I don't want to have to go get a real job

·
Registered
610 Posts
Obligation, and progress.

Aside from that there's some jobs I really can sink my teeth into. I will work harder for longer hours just for being satisfied with the end result.

But for the mundane stuff its the latter.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,297 Posts
Care to elaborate? Fear, is mighty broad.
Why yes, yes it is. :laughing:

That was partly tongue in cheek, but true enough in many respects. Fear of not being able to pay my bills, buy toys, do fun stuff and so forth.

Most of all, fear of losing a sense of purpose in life and abandoning the values I was raised with. I wouldn't want to live with that guy.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
I think it was George Carlin who said the rich run everything and the poor are there to scare the hell out of the middle class and keep them motivated. :laughing:

Some truth though

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I just love the work,I find it very satisfying. If I had a billion dollars,I would still be involved in the work ,probably in a different capacity but non the less,still involved.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Being the best in what I do keeps me motivated. My quest for knowledge keeps me reading articles related to my trade and enjoying by current job. I am being paid for something I love doing. My work is my passion. =)
Do you sell insurance?

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
Mr. Rogers. He reminds me that I make the best part of every day special just by being me. I often play that Johnny Costa jazz music as I'm putting on my shoes and walking out the door in the morning.

Attachments

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr. Rogers. He reminds me that I make the best part of every day special just by being me. I often play that Johnny Costa jazz music as I'm putting on my shoes and walking out the door in the morning.
You make me want to be a better man

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
If anyone is ever curious what kind of a person I am...just think the opposite of Ted Anderson. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts