Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of repair work in tight spaces and hate the 30x30 square pans. I used to have 18x24 steel pans, but they have worn out and I can't find them ANYWHERE.
Does anyone have a link for 18x24 pans? Prefer steel , but I'm willing to try the heavy plastic/fiberglass ones.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
If price is not that big of an issue you could probably get a metal fabricator to stamp out a couple for you. You'll have them in a couple of days and you can get the exact size that you want.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Butler is a good start. 20x29 heavy plastic.
Nobody makes a metal. On.
Checked Jackso, Bon, Kraft, Goldblatt, and a couple others. Crazy that no one makes a smaller pan.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
How about this:

And this:

·
Registered
405 Posts
have a steel shop fab some up. I have a few that were fabbed up 10 years ago. they are pretty beat up now but very usable still. they were flat sheet with edges bent up at 45's and corners welded. we had handles welded on but they all broke off or were "removed" because of smashed knuckles.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
A welding of fab shop could probably whip some up for you exactly like you want.

I should get some too, I can destroy one of those plastic ones inside of a week, I think there is like 5 or 6 in the barn right now with big cracks in them.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have never upset a mortar pan before, just boards, normally some ply cut to suitable size, end of each day clean em off with brush so don't have to beat the crap outta them.

·
mason contractors
487 Posts
I do a lot of repair work in tight spaces and hate the 30x30 square pans. I used to have 18x24 steel pans, but they have worn out and I can't find them ANYWHERE.
Does anyone have a link for 18x24 pans? Prefer steel , but I'm willing to try the heavy plastic/fiberglass ones.
there are mortar tubs and mortar boxes A mortar pan is like a mortar board with low sides on them no? If so when I did the Carroll Cutrate Job they had many galvanized pans similar to the dimensions you like . They all had 2'' sides on them,,and in fact we used them for tight areas.and even took a few...lol.
They were using them to catch water that was leaking inside from the window lintels which had flitch plates welded to i beams which rusted loose, thereby resting on the steel window frames!...No wonder all the glass was breaking!

Let me know as they are clearing out soon as I'm sure you see on channel 8 news constantly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts