Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now I need a table saw. I'm looking at the Ridgid portable ( R4516 ) it seems like a very nice saw, it's 100 bucks less than the DeWalt, and I see some good reviews. There is a Ridgid saw which is about 500 bucks and comes with a folding stand. The $500 one seems really sweet, but, another $200 bucks... hmmmm... any thoughts? Anyone use either - or better yet, both?

· Project Manager HFH..
3,832 Posts
This was asked not to long ago.
I have the RIDGID and am very happy with it.
That was also the gerneral consensus aroud here.
I also have the Ridgid.The one with the folding stand.I really like it.
It's a bit heavy and tough to unload by myself but I suppose they all are.

· Pro
979 Posts
Popular WW just did a review of jobsite saws. Only problem is the Rigid did not get reviewed. Out of these five, Jet, Makita, Dewalt, Bosch, and Craftsman, the Bosch got the "Editors Choice". I have the Dewalt, but have used the Rigid and it has more power.

Bill

· Professional Remodeler
2,290 Posts
I have one of the Ridgids from 5 or 6 years ago witht he folding/rolling stand. It is a workhorse for sure. It has been dragged through the mud at jobsites, rained on, used as a workbench, outside in freezing temperatures and snow/ice, has more than enough power for a portable saw, and even handles a dado blade well. The only problem I had with it was the screw mechanism that raises and lowers the blade rusted up once, mainly my fault. It was outside at a jobsite for a few weeks during the cold and damp spring weather with just a tarp over it.

I didn't think to keep the inards lubed up and the screw drive rusted from the moisture in the air. Took about an hour to take apart, clean up, and re-lube and reassemble, but has worked perfectly after that. And now a couple times a year I turn it over and blow everything out real good and lube all the moving/sliding parts up good and it has been working flawlessly ever since.

· Registered
110 Posts
ramp door on the trailer, no problem to load/unload! :thumbsup:
The only downside to ramps is that the trailer isn't forklift loadable. You can always get a couple 2x6s and a couple motorcycle ramp kits and use that :thumbsup:

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn you Home Depot! OK, I went to get the table saw today. I'm stoked, thinking I'm gonna get a great deal with the Ridgid sale going on. Think to myself the saw is usually $299, and with the discount it's gonna be about $275 or so -- not bad. Back story: I've been looking at this saw for months. My local HD hasn't had any for months - sold out. So about a month ago I drove to the next closest store -- not too far, about a half hour. The guy there told me "yeah, we've got tons of em". So I'm still thinking they'll have plenty today, and I'm headed over to get mine for only $275. I get there and there is no sign of the saw I want. I ask the guy, he says: "we discounted those to $199 about a week ago and they just flew outta' here". Would it have killed them to just give me a call???? Someone somewhere has my saw, and I'll find them... Ha Ha..

· Contractor
4,892 Posts
my bosch is very nice and has the gravity rise table (?). it's the perfect height for the box van-I roll it out to the box van deck, set the handle on the deck and lift the bottom and slide it in. Lot easier than lifting that beast straight up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.