Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I prefer carpenter
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2 of the newer style NV90AG brought them in Fall, in the last week both of the driver pins have broken in half, thinking it has something to do with the cold weather, which it really isn`t that cold hear .
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Buy nv83's. We had a demo 90ag and didn't feel it would last 3 months. Make sure the lower assembly bolts are tightened and no play to the gun body. Loose bolts can cause the driver to be at an angle. Also breaks lower nose assemblies which are very expensive to fix

·
I prefer carpenter
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we always buy the 83`s , I was sucked in this time with the low price , so I guess I got what I paid for lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
we also just bought 2 of these in the summer (also usually buy 83s but also sucked in by the lower price) and just had a pin on one break the other day. gonna send it in since it has a warranty.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
My NR90 recently broke the driving pin too. Much older NR83 still going.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
So what you all are saying is if I come across a NV90 at a good price, don't buy it? :whistling

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have not had much luck with the 90s , Had two almost new ones fall and both broke. They don't have a hook on them. I have had better luck with my paslodes as far a lasting goes.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
dropped our broken one off to get fixed today. 5 year warranty and $150 cheaper than the 83 so ordered 2 more. I'll just keep getting them fixed for free for 5 years and save that $150.

·
Registered
852 Posts
No warranty that is helpful only covers if the body on the gun cracks. I've never cracked a body. Seals springs orings baskets aren't covered. Why waste the time taking them in for repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would repair any of the nr83's, there is no comparison to the quality of them compaired to the 90's, I have only had one of the 90's buddy talked me into it, needless to say it never made it through the job, won't be buying another one

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wish I would've seen this thread earlier, we have 3 NV90AG, on the first one the driver became loose after 8 months of medium duty use. the 2nd one had a very similar problem last week, that one was 3 or 4 months old.

I don't even think the 2nd gun nailed a box of nails yet and the third gun is 3 weeks old but it seems like a really bad purchase now.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I wish I would've seen this thread earlier, we have 3 NV90AG, on the first one the driver became loose after 8 months of medium duty use. the 2nd one had a very similar problem last week, that one was 3 or 4 months old.

I don't even think the 2nd gun nailed a box of nails yet and the third gun is 3 weeks old but it seems like a really bad purchase now.
Hitachi does honor the 5 year warranty though. they've probably replaced the piston in each of our 4 guns 2-3 times each already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts