Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Contractor
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drilled this concrete stoop, and poured in some product.

I'll know tomorrow how well it worked.
I did not fill the holes all the way up, figured with this small of a chunk it would demo ok.

I'll report back. I may need some advice on this one. The concrete stoop has moved away from the house. Pushed the deck out, and pulled the back of the house out about 1-1/2 Inches.

Once I get the concrete out of there, I can get a look. I have some ideas on getting the wall pushed back... but we'll see...

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,309 Posts
Got a side view/drawing of that concrete? Looks sort of like a pre-cast stoop/steps with a deck laid over, and the low end sank. Never saw one of those bonded to the wall/rim joist well enough to pull it that far.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I have dealt with a few of those precast issues pop up! This one had a 3 1/2 inch drop!

·
Contractor
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not precast, it was cast in place. The deck was added much later.

Funny thing is I worked on this neighborhood when it was built in the early 1980's.

I may have done drain tile and waterproofing on this house, or the other crew that I worked with.

·
Contractor
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a side view/drawing of that concrete? Looks sort of like a pre-cast stoop/steps with a deck laid over, and the low end sank. Never saw one of those bonded to the wall/rim joist well enough to pull it that far.
It has nails from the concrete into the rim joist. I guess they figured that would hold it. Ended up pulling things away.
If you expand the photos, you'll see the nails.

I'll take more pics tomorrow.

·
1 on 2
Mason
874 Posts
Looks like just settling away from house. Looking at pics on phone. You will have to remove some boards to get a good look. Love that dexpan stuff. I need to find a good job for it sometime.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
30,199 Posts
That stuff is great. Like I said, I never knew it existed but....wow.
Handy thing to know about. (y)

·
Registered
Demo
1,058 Posts
Too much noise, dust and chips flying everywhere. Plus I don't like running a jackhammer.
Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome sucks. I did a bunch of hammering with a cheap imported electric demo hammer. My hand was numb/tingly off and on for weeks.

·
Contractor
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Much cheaper than it used to be by far
Smallest package was $100
Well, technically you're correct. I bought a box @ 44lbs. for $112 delivered. This job took 1/4 of that box of four bags. So, yeah you could say I'm into it for 112 bucks. But the last job ate one of those bags, so in realty I'm chomping at the bit to destroy some more sh!t. :cool:

·
Registered
Demo
1,058 Posts
Well, technically you're correct. I bought a box @ 44lbs. for $112 delivered. This job took 1/4 of that box of four bags. So, yeah you could say I'm into it for 112 bucks. But the last job ate one of those bags, so in realty I'm chomping at the bit to destroy some more sh!t. :cool:
I heard about a guy in my area who stepped on some expanding epoxy that wasn’t covered properly. Something about the stuff vaporizing, and now he’s blind in one eye.

·
Contractor
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
no this was $10 a pound

1 - 20 of 40 Posts