correct. Mold remediation must be acomplished first by an actual certified company. Then they may wish to use soda as you say to clean it up. I think all we would do is blow the live stuff all over the building and make things worse if wasn't killed first.
I do mould remediation with dry ice and have used Soda as well.
Dry ice kills the mould and removes it from the surface that your cleaning - mainly wood structure, you still need to clean up the dead mould as it still releases mycotoxins (bad toxins to breathe in). I used Soda once when my DIB machine broke down in the middle of a job. As long as you create an environment (negative air) that you will not spread the spores and you can hepa vacuum the area and wipe down with a mould inhibitor you'll be fine.
Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum
A forum community dedicated to professional construction and remodeling contractors. Come join the discussion about the industry, trades, safety, projects, finishing, tools, machinery, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!