Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the company i bought my blaster off of says it will do mold remediation. doesnt mold need more than just soda to remove the spores? it will remove the stains but not the mold, correct?

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
correct. Mold remediation must be acomplished first by an actual certified company. Then they may wish to use soda as you say to clean it up. I think all we would do is blow the live stuff all over the building and make things worse if wasn't killed first.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I don't even addvertise that for my soda, I think it does what Glen said, soda or glass just takes off the top.

Mold grows in the little pores.

I have talk to a Guy that does Dry Ice Blasting, he claims it frezzes the mold to kill it and blows it away.

I don't know if thats true or not.

anyone got good info on this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I do mould remediation with dry ice and have used Soda as well.
Dry ice kills the mould and removes it from the surface that your cleaning - mainly wood structure, you still need to clean up the dead mould as it still releases mycotoxins (bad toxins to breathe in). I used Soda once when my DIB machine broke down in the middle of a job. As long as you create an environment (negative air) that you will not spread the spores and you can hepa vacuum the area and wipe down with a mould inhibitor you'll be fine.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great info guys!! thanks for the replies. i am starting to see these guys told me anything i wanted to hear to sell me this set up.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I used sponge at my old job.
They were trying new ways to blast (Navy Contractor)

The sponge cleaned good..

Just had to pick up by hand and dump it into a sifting machine that cleaned it.

we would blast for 1-1/2 and clean-up for 4. Union Job, so thats almost right... LOL

but really, the sponge cleaned the surface very well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts