Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy the moisture meter for painting company. Looking for reliable tool for painting industry. Any recommendation to buy from?

Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe it was in the $350-$400 range, i'm not totally sure, it's been a few years since we bought it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
igorsoccersocce said:
I would like to buy the moisture meter for painting company. Looking for reliable tool for painting industry. Any recommendation to buy from?

Thank you.
What do you use the moisture meter for? Thanks in advance. Hollis

·
Registered
128 Posts
Christine said:
What do you use the moisture meter for? Thanks in advance. Hollis
to check the moisture content of the substrate you are painting.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
There is a completely respectable moisture meter for sale at my local paint store for $40.00.

I don't think it is necessary for a painter to buy a $400 moister meter. All you need it for is wood siding and concrete right?

I will post the name and brand after I run down to get some supplies.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
AAPaint said:
Please do, I'm looking for one as well. Not only for wood siding, but for decks and fences we refinish as well...have you tried out that $40 deal? Does it give accurate enough readings to be worth it? At that price I'll buy three!
I called them up and found out the name.

>here< it is. It has a 5% margin of error but for $40 I don't think you can go wrong.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Humble Abode said:
I called them up and found out the name.

>here< it is. It has a 5% margin of error but for $40 I don't think you can go wrong.
Sweet...$40...yeah, hey I'll bite for $40
I'll ask about it at the The Paint Shop
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts