Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got an extra guy helping me on a roof so I went to harbor freight and picked up a Central Pneumatic roofing gun. My other older guns are both bostitch's with virtually no safety features. I like the CP gun i bought, at least well enough given the cost of the gun, however it has a fully sequential safety trigger which is proving to be a great annoyance. Can anyone please explain how to remove this feature, so as the nailer will fire everytime I press it down as opposed to having to release and re-depress the trigger after every nail. Yes, I know this feature is for my own safety, and Yes, I know the by altering the gun in any way I potentially put myself at greater risk of injury, and instantly void my warranty, however I have grown quite familiar with my non safer guns and am willing to take that chance to increase my productivity, thanks in advance for any help offered.

TLane

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,289 Posts
Rotsa ruck with that one. Sorry, but it sounds as though you got what you paid for. I've never even heard of a roofing gun without bump nailing capability. Till you get done futzing with it, you'll probably have the cost of a real gun invested, and it still won't be nearly that quality.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Ya no doubt. Harbor Freight has roofing guns. NOTHING FROM THAT STORE IS WORTH A PENNY! Go get a new one at the depot, there is always one on clearance, or go to a pwn shop if your that hard up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Realistically, if you really want to be a professional roofer, you wont be toting a HF Gun.

Do yourself a favor and go invest in a Hitachi or a Max (Or the like, not the only two good guns)

It will pay for itself if you really do this for a living

1 - 6 of 6 Posts