Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine has an 1980 's kitchen. It's golden oak with face frames, no hardware. It's not worth replacing doors & refinishing the frames but we considered adding upper trim, hardware & new counters to jazz it up.

I would live to see some pictures of this golden oak color if anyone has any. I'm afraid the color is too dated to feel any different.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tom M said:
A good friend of mine has an 1980 's kitchen. It's golden oak with face frames, no hardware. It's not worth replacing doors & refinishing the frames but we considered adding upper trim, hardware & new counters to jazz it up.

I would live to see some pictures of this golden oak color if anyone has any. I'm afraid the color is too dated to feel any different.
This is what one of our painters just did to his kitchen. Used one of the kits for the cabinets and a kit for the counter tops. Didn't take him long at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Not bad.To dark overall for my taste but better.I think a lighter color on the cabs would be better with the dark counter tops but still better than the outdated golden oak.

·
Registered
373 Posts
mako1 said:
Not bad.To dark overall for my taste but better.I think a lighter color on the cabs would be better with the dark counter tops but still better than the outdated golden oak.
I agree its dark. But a big improvement for a small budget. I know both kits had multiple color choices.

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think my friends kitchen had square panel doors which could look more modern. White could work.

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
This is what one of our painters just did to his kitchen. Used one of the kits for the cabinets and a kit for the counter tops. Didn't take him long at all.
MDjim, would you mind if I use this pictures to show it to someone... not to take credit for it because I don't do this type of work, just to show them the difference. I think this was made using The Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformation kit which is a 4 step process and it gives nice results.
Let me know please...

Thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
greg24k said:
MDjim, would you mind if I use this pictures to show it to someone... not to take credit for it because I don't do this type of work, just to show them the difference. I think this was made using The Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformation kit which is a 4 step process and it gives nice results. Let me know please... Thanks!
Yeah no problem. I believe it was that kit.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Here's an oak kitchen done with rustoleum transformations and added hardware. Tile countertops were changed out with quartz, travertine back splash.
The owners used the rustoleum product before we started on the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's an oak kitchen done with rustoleum transformations and added hardware. Tile countertops were changed out with quartz, travertine back splash.
The owners used the rustoleum product before we started on the rest.
Great example, too late for this project. I will have to remember this thread.

We ended up leaving the color but added crown & hardware. Honestly all the trim and oak staircase matched so it wouldn't of looked right changing it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Great example, too late for this project. I will have to remember this thread.

We ended up leaving the color but added crown & hardware. Honestly all the trim and oak staircase matched so it wouldn't of looked right changing it.
Ah, just saw the dates on this. Guess the spam post that got deleted before mine fooled me :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts