Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Mobile Truckbed Mounted Sandblasting

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nonobadog 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

The company I work for has been sandblasting for well over 10 years now. The owner of the company has decided he no longer wanted to pull the Ingersoll Rand 260 on its trailer. He wants to put the compressor, the pot, and all the hoses in the back of a spare 2016 Ford F350 bed size 12'x7' but is he has no idea on how to accomplish this. He has asked that I find pictures and ideas on how to put all of the equipment on the back of this bed so that it is more mobile than having to pull and park a trailer. I have looked through multiple google searches and only find trucks with trailers attached with the compressor. I'm curious has anyone seen something like this, done anything like this or share any ideas and pictures on how to accomplish this?? I appreciate any and all answers!

Thanks guys/gals!

#2 ·
My set up included a box to put all that gear in as well as 2,000 lbs of glass to keep it all out of the weather and it takes a 14’ landscape trailer. But to answer your question, just replace Pu body with 8’ flatbed
Sorry, cant find any pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I think you need to look at how much weight you are putting on that truck. Just a quick look. I am guessing at what you will actually have on board.
compressor 3500 lbs
grit 2000 lbs
gear 400 lbs
driver 200 lbs
helper 200 lbs
total 6300 lbs

And I haven't even added my lunch yet!

Can the truck handle it? I have seen this done with 20,000 to 25,000gvw trucks. It does work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.