Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Pro, YOu need something compact and portable. If you leave the printer in your truck 1 of 3 things will happen. 1) Theft. 2) Damage from extreme heat. 3) damage from extreme cold.

I have the Canon i70 with batter capability. It's very light and portable. It's marketed as a portable printer. The print quality is good. It even prints pictures with a decent enough quality to use as a picture printer. It has IR (infrared), USB and flash card capability.

Portable printers are a little pricey as far as printers go. You can get one of equal print quality for less if you choose one without all the portability options. I don't know your budget but maybe you can find one small enough to fit in a briefcase but not have the portability options.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You can install a 110 alternator and run most anything. I have them in most of my trucks, they'll pull up to 10-15 amps, enough to power most tools.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Yes you can do that. I mentioned th ebattery because it's sometimes nice to walk into a customers house and have the ability to print and not have to ask "Do you have an open outlet?"

I have one for my truck but have only used it a few times. Too bad they don't have enough amps to run a gutter machine :)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I just bought a tablet PC to replace my hand held. I should have it any day now... I am also going to purchase a laptop mount for in my truck. Pretty soon I'll have the ultimate mobile offce. I'll post pics for you guys.

In the past I had some plans but I have improved those plans! I can't wait.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Grumpy said:
I just bought a tablet PC to replace my hand held. I should have it any day now... I am also going to purchase a laptop mount for in my truck. Pretty soon I'll have the ultimate mobile offce. I'll post pics for you guys.

In the past I had some plans but I have improved those plans! I can't wait.
I bought a Tablet PC about a month ago and love it. It is very helpful in many aspects of the trade. Some very helpful links are:

www.tabletpcbuzz.com
www.tabletpchome.com
www.tabletpcawards.com

Tablet software I use:
Microsoft OneNote

Windows Journal (included)

Acronis TrueImage (not Tablet PC specific, but it allows you to image your pc
while in Windows, even saving the image to the same hard drive you're running your OS from) - I've restored from it before, and it works great.

Zinio

Microsoft PowerToys for Tablet PC

Let me know what you think of it when you get it.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Journal is excellent. What's one note? I've been installing necessary software recently and havent had a chance to dig into what it's got.

I'll take a look at those links. Thanks. I also joined a few mobile computing forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts