Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been discussed here before, as this is where I heard about the card pocket but I can't remember in what thread. Anyway, I dropped 35.00 this week and ordered a set of two for my van. They came last night and so I washed the van and stuck them on.

I really can't see any down side to this, unless some smart alecky plumber decides to use it for an ash tray. In fact just last week a gentleman driving past stopped to write down my phone number, saw me and called me over to ask for a card; if I hadn't been there he would have had to pull someones else's business card from his wallet and scrawl my phone number on the back.

One obvious design flaw is waterproofness, or a lack there-of. In a heavy rain it will leak and there are no weep holes in the bottom so the cards will get soggy. I'm thinking about ordering magnetic (i.e. waterproof) cards to use with it.

And no this is not my product nor am I making any money on this product. However feel free to PM me for my address if you feel gratuitous.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
I know it has been discussed here before, as this is where I heard about the card pocket but I can't remember in what thread. Anyway, I dropped 35.00 this week and ordered a set of two for my van. They came last night and so I washed the van and stuck them on.

I really can't see any down side to this, unless some smart alecky plumber decides to use it for an ash tray. In fact just last week a gentleman driving past stopped to write down my phone number, saw me and called me over to ask for a card; if I hadn't been there he would have had to pull someones else's business card from his wallet and scrawl my phone number on the back.

One obvious design flaw is waterproofness, or a lack there-of. In a heavy rain it will leak and there are no weep holes in the bottom so the cards will get soggy. I'm thinking about ordering magnetic (i.e. waterproof) cards to use with it.

And no this is not my product nor am I making any money on this product. However feel free to PM me for my address if you feel gratuitous.
Where did you buy this? I've only seen this once and thought it was genius.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts