Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an HVAC company come to the house recently to do the annual check on our gas fireplaces and heat pump etc.

When he was done, he had me sign on his mini-Ipad. Wow, the whole thing was digital. The work form, the invoice etc.

It's probably old news to some of you folks, but I found this to be a huge potential time saver.

As I am getting busier I have less time to come home to generate an invoice, print it etc. etc. Sure would be nice to be able to just plug in the numbers and produce the invoice/estimates on the spot.

Anyone use something like this?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
We had an HVAC company come to the house recently to do the annual check on our gas fireplaces and heat pump etc.

When he was done, he had me sign on his mini-Ipad. Wow, the whole thing was digital. The work form, the invoice etc.

It's probably old news to some of you folks, but I found this to be a huge potential time saver.

As I am getting busier I have less time to come home to generate an invoice, print it etc. etc. Sure would be nice to be able to just plug in the numbers and produce the invoice/estimates on the spot.

Anyone use something like this?
Exclusively, but I use my laptop.

Last time I checked QB wasn't available on android in Canada but I'd love to have it cloud based and on all my devices.

·
Registered
Remodel
32,213 Posts
This general type of software would be pretty easy to write, so I checked the website for QB and there it is:

"
QuickBooks Online works across your devices

Mobile apps are included free with your subscription to QuickBooks Online so you can access information from your tablet or smartphone.1
Try It Free Try QuickBooks Online free for 30 days
"

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
This general type of software would be pretty easy to write, so I checked the website for QB and there it is:

"
QuickBooks Online works across your devices

Mobile apps are included free with your subscription to QuickBooks Online so you can access information from your tablet or smartphone.1
Try It Free Try QuickBooks Online free for 30 days
"
Nice, looks like it is available in Canada now!

9$ a month I may give it a shot.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.