Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just spoke with Wade. What an awesome and genuine guy! Setting up demo later this week!! Getting excited. Thanks a ton Bob Moore for the # again too

·
sodablaster dude
54 Posts
I mean your posts sir. If you made it for cash, then you have to practise more. If not, well, maybe I'm too much in this crap of "internet advertising" and read it in wrong way. Anyway, good luck with your blasting equipment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol I gotcha now. Sorry if it sounded too gushy or good to be true. First time I have ever spoke with Wade was this AM, thanks to Bob's info. Just reminded me of speaking to a fellow tradesman not a salesman if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have talked to the big blasting Companies they say the wet Blasters Geo Dustless etc have there niche but they are not for real production on big jobs.

Its a bit concerning the big hard sell DB does all over YouTube etc saying how great it is for everything as if it's a revolution product but truth is though it works there are better faster tools for some of the applications they show

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah there is no doubt some serious sales tactics in those videos. Thing I like about Geo's vids is that they are all just vids uploaded buy tradesman using it on actual jobs. Also I see where your coming from regarding large scale jobs which isn't something I plan on doing. Mainly will be for auto and marine and no ships lol

·
sodablaster dude
54 Posts
I have talked to the big blasting Companies they say the wet Blasters Geo Dustless etc have there niche but they are not for real production on big jobs.

Its a bit concerning the big hard sell DB does all over YouTube etc saying how great it is for everything as if it's a revolution product but truth is though it works there are better faster tools for some of the applications they show
what equipment are they using on a big jobs?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
On big jobs if we need dust control, we use full containments and huge dust collectors. Two or more 40,000cfm models and put huge negative pressure on the enclosure. No dust worries no more.

·
Todd
848 Posts
What is even more concerning is the amount of customers calling wishing for me to strip there car after they have them "dustless blasted" because they aren't sure the wet process was done correctly...if you aren't a car guy or a restoration shop or even a kinda semi intelligent person I still do not see how you would perceive stripping an automobile wet would be a good idea.
Once again there is no magic bullet to abrasive blasting...its dirty and loud and we go home every night tired.

·
Todd
848 Posts
Yeah there is no doubt some serious sales tactics in those videos. Thing I like about Geo's vids is that they are all just vids uploaded buy tradesman using it on actual jobs. Also I see where your coming from regarding large scale jobs which isn't something I plan on doing. Mainly will be for auto and marine and no ships lol

What part of Florida are you in?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The way I see it, the wet blasting hype is just that, hype. It's been around for years and years and it has it's place, but it will never replace dry blasting operations. And the amount of money that they are selling these units for is insane! Just like in the early days of the Polyurea industry. A big marketing hype and a lot of people got took and was left with something that they would be lucky to re sale for 15% of what they paid for it after very little use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
And that niche is full of uneducated operators and consumers!
Yeah but these Wet blast companies do a good job marketing these pots making them seem very appealing. I ll bet if many look on local Craigslist you'll see these DB guys advertising there service claiming how new and revolutionary the pots are as they have been sold on them paying $16000 or much more for them.

it's not there fault many just are looking for a good business opportunity and the Wet blast Companies sell them as the greatest thing since sliced bread and as Painter213 said they have been around a long time just someone has created a good marketing gimmick for them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
And that is exactly the ones that some of these companies prey upon. Not saying that the systems are bad, but when you sell something to someone that has no clue to the industry that your selling them into, and that customer has taken their life's savings, borrowed money from relatives, borrowed from a bank and used home and property up for that loan and the odds of them being successful is not on their side, I call that plain and simple WRONG! I've seen it way too many times and I hate it when people like this are taken for a ride. They fail in a short amount of time, the work is 10 times harder than they was told it would be and the work isn't paying like they thought it would. I still see this in other industries as well and it makes me sick. Rant over now guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
And that is exactly the ones that some of these companies prey upon. Not saying that the systems are bad, but when you sell something to someone that has no clue to the industry that your selling them into, and that customer has taken their life's savings, borrowed money from relatives, borrowed from a bank and used home and property up for that loan and the odds of them being successful is not on their side, I call that plain and simple WRONG! I've seen it way too many times and I hate it when people like this are taken for a ride. They fail in a short amount of time, the work is 10 times harder than they was told it would be and the work isn't paying like they thought it would. I still see this in other industries as well and it makes me sick. Rant over now guys.
I totally agree

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is even more concerning is the amount of customers calling wishing for me to strip there car after they have them "dustless blasted" because they aren't sure the wet process was done correctly...if you aren't a car guy or a restoration shop or even a kinda semi intelligent person I still do not see how you would perceive stripping an automobile wet would be a good idea.
Once again there is no magic bullet to abrasive blasting...its dirty and loud and we go home every night tired.
Definitely agree with you that one needs to be mechanically or at least logically inclined. I personally have not been in the large scale blasting at all but have been in car restore and small scale blasting since I was knee high to a grass hopper.

261 - 280 of 338 Posts