Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Contractor
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A client whats a Martin Senour paint from the Williamsburg collection to match existing work. Unfortunately, the store is 40 miles away. I have the MS paint chips and my Sherwin Williams store can scan and mix with the chips.

Does anyone have a recomendation on which SW paint to use as a base? The SW saleman said Cashmere...I was thinking Superpaint or equivalent. Any experience with how close a scanned chip comes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
it wont be perfect

It wont be perfect but should be good enough that she would not notice, you will just have to go corner to corner. If their computer is working good I like computer matches the best.
good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Computer scans are not perfect. The guy behind the counter usually has to make an adjustment and it usually is pretty close. Pratt & Lambert also carries the Williamsburg colors if you happen to have a dealer near you. Use the Accolade.
I use Martin Senour occasionally and i would say the Sherwin Williams Cashmere is the closest product they have to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
speaking of mixing paints I once mixed a gallon of cashmere low luster with a gallon of super spec semi and the paint turned into something that looked like cottage cheese. so the lesson is when bm says dont mix their paint they mean it. I figured they just wanted you to buy their paint products.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts