Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use to mix mud? Ive used a couple different types of mixers, but they always seem to get lots of air bubbles in the mud and I have to spend ages working it to eliminate them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
drill & drywall mixing paddle. Well, that is the best thing to use anyways. Actually, just working on my garage right now, I am using the one you have to manually push and spin. That is hard on the back and doesn't mix as well.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
What does everyone use to mix mud? Ive used a couple different types of mixers, but they always seem to get lots of air bubbles in the mud and I have to spend ages working it to eliminate them.
The pocs are in the mud . Some brands are worse than others.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Squirt a little dawn soap in your mud when mixing it. It will help
Always been scared of that ..It works yes. Burns the eyes on sand day!!

2 scoops of L/W in a full 5 gallon of A/P will cut the pocs down ..About the only thing the L/W is good for IMO. ALL- WALL sells a product called no-poc. I've never tried it .

·
Registered
498 Posts
I actually use those paint mixers instead of the ones for plaster and concrete. I find I get a pretty good mix with it.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
drill & drywall mixing paddle. Well, that is the best thing to use anyways. Actually, just working on my garage right now, I am using the one you have to manually push and spin. That is hard on the back and doesn't mix as well.
I used to use this one but have noticed plastic bucket shavings in the mud. I know it sounds dumb but it is almost like the bucket manufacturers are making them softer or cheaper. I since switched to something like this....

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
CrpntrFrk said:
I used to use this one but have noticed plastic bucket shavings in the mud. I know it sounds dumb but it is almost like the bucket manufacturers are making them softer or cheaper. I since switched to something like this....
Agree with the shavings from bucket cheapness .

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Its the cheap paddles that do the scrapping. I use the ones that look like they are magnesium maybe? Nice soft, round edges and no plastic shavings:thumbsup:
Got a link? Cause it takes twice as long to mix with the one I posted but those shavings piss me off.:censored:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Mine came from Lowe's. It doesnt damage the bucket.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts

There cutting down on the container and the product... It SUCKS!

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
:eek: wow! I'll take some pics tomorrow to show you boys what to mix your mud with...And the potato masher won't be one of em!!.:whistling

1 - 20 of 35 Posts