Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In stead of mixing the drywall compound with water I thought about mixing it with primer.
Has any one done this, I would like to avoid re-priming the walls after texturing.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
In stead of mixing the drywall compound with water I thought about mixing it with primer.
Has any one done this, I would like to avoid re-priming the walls after texturing.
:no:
Still needs to be primed.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you already primed the walls before texturing and want to mix DW compound with paint so you dont have to reprime? hmmm

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Maybe this kind of thinking is what gives handy-men a bad name.

If drywall coumpound is to be mixed with water, it needs to be mixed with water, even if you mixed it with primer, it would need to be primed again.

Professionals do not take short cuts, they do it right the first time.

If the walls are not properly primed they will flash.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not tring to take short cuts, it's a repaint in an apartment, over the years the walls have been repaired so many times that I suggested textured.

Sherwin Williams makes a latex texture that doesn't require any additional prep before painting. I was going to use that. Apartment owner is a cheep ass.

·
adlyn construction
15 Posts
no kidding HSC. if you mix primer with your mud, you're going to have a hell of a time sanding.

·
Contractor
4,767 Posts
$200-300 for an apartment repaint with you supplying materials...it's a tough world and guys will eat that kind of work up

1 - 20 of 53 Posts