Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestions on what i should get.
I have a dewalt 12" sliding miter saw and a ridgid 9 gallon shop vac

I have to move equipment from jobsite to jobsite and i am looking for a automatic switch to turn vacuum on and off.

I have seen two such products one called isocket and the other ivac
The ivac seems to have 2 plugs for different circuits and i usually only have one circuit available to use

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
google search for the craftsman unit. i bought 2 of them years ago and they're still going strong
Ive tried to find them but no luck. Thinking they dont make them anymore. May be wrong but couldnt find one on craftsman site

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
kwandrsn said:
I have that one and use it with my Dust Coolector. It works great, but is only rated to 13 Amps, I believe. Go on Amazon and look up the iVac Pro. There is a 15A and a 20A version available. Get one of those. Make sure you get the 115V version. There is also a 220 available.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not only that it's an expensive vac with a switch.
Yeah just spent $600 on dewalt saw and $60 on a shop vac. Im over my tool budget for the next few months. Plus going out today and buying a new dewalt 20v max brushless drill and impact set for $260

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have that one and use it with my Dust Coolector. It works great, but is only rated to 13 Amps, I believe. Go on Amazon and look up the iVac Pro. There is a 15A and a 20A version available. Get one of those. Make sure you get the 115V version. There is also a 220 available.
I looked at those you gotta buy 2 units one for tool for $60 and one for vac for 70. Still a little more than i am wanting to spend. It would be great for a dust collector not locatex real close to saw. My show vac sits under saw on the jobsite

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How many amps is your dust collector and what tools you use it with?

·
Registered
573 Posts
What type of setup you use with it? Does it throw breakers? My saw has 15amp motor and sticker on my ridgid vac says 8.3amps
I have used it with my shopvac rated at 11.3 and various saws rated from 11 on up to 15. I usually run off a 20A circuit so no it doesn't throw breakers. It just a relay switch rated for a 15A circuit. I am not going to say it's ok to go above the rating but it does work. It may have a premature life span.

Good excuse to have to buy a fein or ct vac. :whistling

1 - 20 of 22 Posts