Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Remodel
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some mistakes matter, like messing up a calculation and having a building fail.

Others really have no consequence, like a lot of the side discussions on here. It isn't like the epidemiologists using the wrong number.

'
Cause and case are different. I'm a dumbass who read something incorrectly. Feel free to chastise me. Sorry, hdavis.
'
Don't worry about it. If my house fell down due to you goofing, I'd expect an apology for that.:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
23,797 Posts
in to happy hour are ya now...:whistling:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
Remodel
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in to happy hour are ya now...:whistling:laughing::laughing:
Just had a big, juicy t-bone, settled me right out.:thumbsup:

Digs had some for topper, and fell asleep.:whistling

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Some mistakes matter, like messing up a calculation and having a building fail.

Others really have no consequence, like a lot of the side discussions on here. It isn't like the epidemiologists using the wrong number.

'
Cause and case are different. I'm a dumbass who read something incorrectly. Feel free to chastise me. Sorry, hdavis.
'
Don't worry about it. If my house fell down due to you goofing, I'd expect an apology for that.:laughing:

Only dunbasses are the ones that think scientists are numerically correct because they know more than themselves. Epidemiology's statistical permutations are mind numbing. Considering all the variables and factors effecting cases, yet alone causes. Even 9 months in to Covid..... only 1/3 of the way to an accurate and verified data set that realistic statistics could be drawn from. Results that accurately describe say, Covid 19 behavior and effects on a population.

:laughing: If you read something wrong, be OK with it :laughing: Beats the chit out of having to produce statistical results from data you know, is at best, an educated case. Then having the world freak out for and against it.

Could be worse, starting to believe the 2020 covid brain is a thing .... had a good match, slighter warmer puritan pine color and then something went seriously wrong when I mixed a large batch for actual stain. Although it does match the wife's SUV perfectly

Oh yea baby I'm a dumbass smh.

Attachments

·
Registered
Remodel
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, from puritan pine to pumpkin pine in the blink of an eye.:laughing::thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,557 Posts
Here's the one I was talking about. Just a bit on the orange side. The door on the left is what the stain was suppose to copy.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No kidding, that test patch saved you and your fingers a lot of grief.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leo, that's an impressive shift. I've never seen anything close to that much.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Here's the one I was talking about. Just a bit on the orange side. The door on the left is what the stain was suppose to copy.
If Leo had a similar hiccup hehe I feel a little better. Pretty similar situation.

Add a little blue to the stain.

Tom
Vanity and head knocker (cab above WC) are installed. Already took at least 50% out. Caught the issue right after sanding sealer adn used my dark brown tinted top coat. That is a really cool almost American walnut (pulls grreen).

Blue, as a general rule and this point will make it too green. But yes cooler color tinted second top coat is the way to go.

That's one option

Ahhhh hmmmmm HELL NO !!!!!! :laughing: Not grinding cabinet doors clean. It's probably be faster to just make new ones and skin0venneeer the face frames and exposed cabinet sides.

First tinted top coat, was lets say just a touch toooooo generous with the tint and had to take the furniture leg kick face piece back to bare wood. So NOPE not gonna willingly do that.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,557 Posts
This wasn't my mixture. This was my color guy. Most of the time he nearly spot on. I have to adjust a bit here and there, usually just add some stain base to dilute it a bit. But this one was just wrong. This is the one where he said "That color came out of my can?" I was using 2K poly and if it stays on too long it gets rock hard. There was no way I was going to tint it and get it right so off it came. Probably used a dozen pc of sandpaper to strip it.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,557 Posts
Leo, that's an impressive shift. I've never seen anything close to that much.
Like I said. Some of the stains I use have heavy dyes in them. You put a clear on them and they POP! If that's what you are going for great. In this case it was just way too much. My color guy set me up with the correct stain after I brought it back to him.

A weee bit calmer with the orange this time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts