Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna say a big thank you to the scum bag who broke into my storage container over the weekend and took 3 gas saws, several hammer drills/ chipping guns and several sledge hammers and rail road bars. Please May you overdose on the drugs you buy with the $200 you get for it all. P.s it was worth approx $4500.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Just wanna say a big thank you to the scum bag who broke into my storage container over the weekend and took 3 gas saws, several hammer drills/ chipping guns and several sledge hammers and rail road bars. Please May you overdose on the drugs you buy with the $200 you get for it all. P.s it was worth approx $4500.
Truly sorry to hear this. The infuriating part is that the thugs that took them most likely wouldn't have a clue how to use them, nor would they ever care to learn. Just off to the pawn shop or ......

Please tell us you had insurance on them.

:censored:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah have insurance but the kick in balls is I can't wait for the payout from them, still waiting on the police to call me back.
Just went out and picked up some new gear, can't do the work without the tools.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,763 Posts
Check out CL and the pawn shops. Maybe you can buy your stuff back, then sick the cops on them.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Yeah have insurance but the kick in balls is I can't wait for the payout from them, still waiting on the police to call me back.
Just went out and picked up some new gear, can't do the work without the tools.
I'm glad you at least had some funds to do that. IMO there is not many things lower than stealing tools from a working man who uses them every day. :censored::censored::censored:

A few of our members have been through this before as well.

LE won't likely put forth any effort in finding your property, so as LEO said check the CL ads, the local pawn shops, etc. If you get a hit....call the law in!

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Years ago when I first got in the plumbing trade a retired plumber I knew gave me his box of lead working tools, tools that can only be used for pouring and packing lead joints in CI pipe or for wiping joints on lead pipe. Three months later someone broke the window on my car to steal the toolbox, I'm sure everything in the toolbox ended up in the garbage can, but some of those tools were almost impossible to replace, it still pisses me off to this day.

·
Head sawdust creator
1,125 Posts
I never used to lock anything... then my truck was stolen from my driveway on a Sunday afternoon. Two weeks later yard tools from my shed!!! Now I'm paranoid!! Locks everywhere!! Thanks azzholes for destroying my faith in the human race.... all for a small high!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That sucks. If you have the serial numbers can you get them back from the pawn shops via the police?

My dad used to carve his SS# into his good tools. He sharpie markered his initials on the ones he wasn't that worried about.

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Sorry to hear it boss. I lost 2 ladders (a 32 and a 24 both fiberglass)... The truck that swiped them? Blurry image and a muddy plate... Never caught them and we all know how much ladders cost. I really hope you catch the sons of :censored:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw a sign on a storage container that said

"Managers Notice!
Before opening this container make sure the alarm is deactivated. Call supervisor for directions."

It's a 2 cent sign on paper but I thought it was clever. I've had stolen tools/material a few times. I got it all back from the pawn shop do the road and the scrapyard less than 2 mins away. Crooks are desperate and dumb. Usually. Good luck getting everything back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bcradio said:
How did they get in?
They cut the locks on the tool container, and tried to get into the one with all the scaffold, they just beat the **** outta it but didn't get in, still waiting on the police report for the insurance company, gotta a welder coming soon to weld boxes over the locks so they can't be cut.

Every night from them on I get the boys to park their truck tight against the doors.
I love how these measures are only taking after everything goes missing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cdays_01 said:
I just saw a sign on a storage container that said "Managers Notice! Before opening this container make sure the alarm is deactivated. Call supervisor for directions." It's a 2 cent sign on paper but I thought it was clever. I've had stolen tools/material a few times. I got it all back from the pawn shop do the road and the scrapyard less than 2 mins away. Crooks are desperate and dumb. Usually. Good luck getting everything back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this but doubt the crack/meth heads would notice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts